In the context of the sectoral plan for the Humanities entitled ‘Tradition in transition’ and the University’s strategic profile, the three Humanities faculties of the University of Groningen are offering 14 postdoc positions.
The Faculties of Arts (FoA), of Theology and Religious Studies (FThRS) and Philosophy (FPh) are looking for expertise and experience in the fields of humane AI, cultural heritage & identity, languages & cultures, and communication, information & social inequalities in a digital world. We invite ambitious academics to apply for the following positions within these themes:
Humane AI – Data and Platforms for Social, Cultural and Economic Innovation: 4 positions
Vacancy number 222475-78
1. Targeted Generation with Small Data (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3Rxsikt)2. Model Exposure and Adaptation to Less Represented Varieties and Communities (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3O9SIFU)3. Digital platforms, Algorithms and Informed Citizenship (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3P2SBNI)4. The Responsible Use of AI (FPh) (application form https://bit.ly/3AQD93a)Prof. Malvina Nissim, email: m.nissim rug.nl
Cultural Heritage and Identity – Material and Intangible Heritage: 3 positions
Vacancy number 222479-81
1. Heritage, Identity, and Nature (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3O4nCzp)2. Digital Heritage: Inclusivity, Innovation, and Curation (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3Pr6rt7)3. Contested Cultural Heritage and Identity Formation Processes (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3P9bApR)Dr Lidewijde de Jong, email: lidewijde.de.jong rug.nl
Cultural Heritage and Identity – Creative Industries, Media and Popular Culture: 2 positions
Vacancy number 222482-83
1. Platforms, Cultural Consumption and Taste Formation (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3yx9Qzy)2. Cultural Archives, Digital Collections, Identity Formation, and Care for Heritage (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3yx9Orq)Prof. Susan Aasman, email: s.i.aasman rug.nl
Languages and Cultures: Language in Cultural-Political Contexts: 4 positions
Vacancy number 222484-87
1. Discourse, Communication, and Sustainability (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3uIpGX6)2. The Language of Education (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3yxavRy)3. Discursive, Linguistic and Cultural Practices in Democratic Societal Transformations (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3uHS9fN)4. The Role of Language in Defining International Relations (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3O0sbuI)Prof. Merel Keijzer, email: m.c.j.keijzer rug.nl
Communication, Information and Social Inequalities in a Digital World: 1 position
Vacancy number 222488
1. Media and Digital In- and Exclusion (FoA) (application form https://bit.ly/3z4jyuZ)Prof. Marcel Broersma, email: m.j.broersma rug.nl
Your research will be embedded in the relevant research institute of the respective faculty. You will set up research collaborations with colleagues both within the UG and from other Dutch Humanities faculties, in order to develop a research agenda, and draw up a substantial grant proposal within the relevant theme. You will also teach in our Bachelor's and/or Master's degree programmes. For all positions the appointment is divided into 80% research and 20% teaching.
The application deadline is 28 August 2022.
Last week, Ben Feringa and Anouk Lubbe presented the first copy of their book Alledaagse Moleculen (Everyday Molecules) to minister Robbert Dijkgraaf. The richly illustrated book offers an accessible overview of 180 substances in our daily lives....
Dr Annette Scheepstra of the UG Arctic Centre, part of the Faculty of Arts, is about to conduct research into tourism in Antarctica and how tourists can become Antarctic ambassadors. She has been granted €1 million in funding by the Dutch Research...
The Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) has appointed Professor Maria Loi and Professor Dirk Slotboom from the Faculty of Science and Engineering as members of the Academy.
The UG website uses functional and anonymous analytics cookies. Please answer the question of whether or not you want to accept other cookies (such as tracking cookies).
If no choice is made, only basic cookies will be stored. More information