The Department of Genetics is part of the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG). We are 350 staff members engaged in a broad spectrum of activities:
- Research lines in systems genetics, functional genomics, microbiome and exposome, immunogenetics, autoimmune and intestinal disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, congenital syndromes, heart diseases and oncogenetics
- The Genomics Coordination Center, the expertise hub for ‘omics’ data analysis, integrative bioinformatics and FAIR data stewardship
- Clinical genetics, diagnostics and genetic counselling (see UMCG website with information for patients and medical professionals).
- European surveillance of congenital anomalies (Eurocat)
- Teaching of BSc, MD and MSc students, and training of clinical fellows
|Last modified:||20 April 2022 2.41 p.m.|