Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Over onsFaculteit Ruimtelijke WetenschappenOnderwijsStudiegidsStudying abroad

Exchange: for whom and when?

Who can study abroad?

The Faculty of Spatial Sciences advices all students to study abroad (when possible) as part of their curriculum. The exchange programme is meant for final year bachelor students and master students. Bachelor students can take bachelor courses (undergraduate courses) abroad and under some conditions also their bachelor thesis. Students that want to go abroad in semester 2a or 2b can write their bachelor thesis in semester 1b in Groningen.

When can you go on exchange?

The regular programme of the bachelor or master can’t be at risk. That means the exchange programme cannot get in the way of the regular study. It can be difficult to fit the exchange programme in the regular study programme. Despite this difficulty more than 5 out of 10 students from the Faculty of Spatial Sciences for the last couple of years have graduated with an study abroad experience of 3 months or more. The exchange programme is usually 3 months or more, because the most used scholarship programmes, such as Erasmus/Socrates and Marco Polo (link), make use of this minimum.  

Why should you go?

An exchange programme adds to the Groningen programme in different ways. First of all you can take courses that are not taught at the Faculty or University of Groningen. Second the chance to get to know a new culture can be very educational, especially for geographers and landscape engineers. In conclusion the exchange can have an important function in gaining new knowledge about another culture and put the Dutch culture and spatial planning in perspective.

Laatst gewijzigd:31 augustus 2018 09:50