15 Tips to Find Motivation When You Really Need It
|Date:||19 March 2019|
Just one exam season, a block of classes, and another set of exams to go before the summer break, and yet you’re feeling unmotivated? Sit your ass down, and do some reading. With these 15 pro-tips you are sure to find some form of motivation.
1. Every time you finish a minor task cheer for yourself. Nobody can motivate you better than you can.
2. Feed your coffee addiction, but be fancy about it (add chilli, different flavoured syrups, chocolate, cinnamon, etc. to your coffee. Pretend you're a world class barista)
3. Make a list of every single thing that you have to do for your assignment, so you can check them off in rapid succession and feel like the star you really are.
4. Plan in one major thing to do every day, and focus on doing that! Simple and attainable, unless you only write the word “thesis” - then no.
5. Eat brain-fuel foods like easter-eggs and frikandel.
6. Study with multiple mirrors in front of you so you can be disappointed in yourself when you procrastinate.
7. Create a list of things that went well throughout the day in a notebook designed for all the positivity.
8. Write in colourful ink, add sparkles and glitter to pretend what you’re writing is super fun when you’re actually just trying to understand the text on cosmological deixis and Amerindian perspectivism you’ve been struggling with all week.
9. Spend all your money on treat-yo-self-moments as a reward for doing things. Go broke, but stay motivated.
10. Create a chant or dance to perform every time you’re getting ready to work on a big assignment (the haka for your assignments)
12. Watch every single motivational Youtube-video in existence.
13. Go to the library but instead of studying, annoy all your friends by talking endlessly about the latest films or celebrity news - hey, at least you’ll FEEL productive.
14. Every time you daydream, think of it as a necessary spiritual journey that will help you figure out your life goals.
15. Carry around battery powered fairy lights you can switch on every time you feel tired.
If you have any additional pro-tips that are urgently missing from this list let us know in the comments below!