The Groningen Graduate Schools (GGS) is the overarching organization for all PhD Programs at the University of Groningen. The GGS coordinates the ten Faculty Graduate Schools that are responsible for the training and supervision of all PhD candidates in their respective faculties.
Our goal is to provide an inclusive and stimulating environment for PhD candidates by facilitating:
- intensive contact between prominent academics and students,
- a challenging interdisciplinary and international environment,
- professional development opportunities for graduate students,
- high-level services, activities and events,
- a setting that fosters academic integrity.
These elements ensure the development of strong research and transferrable skills for PhD candidates, thus creating an excellent basis for future career opportunities.