Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
Education Frequently asked questions Student life Studying abroad

Study abroad

  • What are my options for studying abroad?

  • Where can I go?

    Your destination will depend on what you want to do abroad. The list of countries on this website provides information about the following aspects: the exchange programmes of the University of Groningen, internships, following a Master’s degree programme or summer course abroad and other information.
  • Is it better to study abroad during the Bachelor’s phase or the Master’s phase?


    The best time to go abroad depends on what you plan to do there. If you intend to study at a foreign university as part of an exchange programme, you generally go during your Bachelor’s training, although it can occasionally be part of a Master’s programme. This cannot be arranged for all Master’s degree programmes, however, because of the requirements of your study programme. Discuss your plans first with your study advisor or with the international officer in your own faculty. On the Information Library this websiteyou will find more information about opportunities for going abroad.

  • Where can I find information about the modules that I can take abroad?

    Information about the partner universities of the University of Groningen, for example their syllabuses, can be found at the International Office of your own Faculty and in the Information Library for Study and Career of the Student Service Centre. Such printed information is becoming increasingly scarce, however, as more and more information (for example about the modules you can take) is provided on websites. The internationalization website contains links to relevant information about the partner universities.
  • Do I have to have certain language skills to participate in an exchange programme?

    The language skills requirements are different for each exchange programme. Consult the International Office or your faculty's internationalization officer for more information about these requirements.
View this page in: Nederlands