Dual-Career Support Meetings
From 2018 Dual Career Support (DCS) of the University of Groningen (UG) organizes monthly career workshops and social events especially tailored to the needs of internationals who wish to succeed in the Dutch labour market and build a social and professional network.
These workshops are for registered partners of new international academic staff at UG. As soon as you have registered for Dual Career Support, you will receive in your mailbox an invitations for all DCS activities. All events will also be published on the POINTS Facebook and LinkedIn page. These workshops are free of charge and are supported by UG. Once we have confirmed your participation in a workshop, we expect you to attend. ‘No show’ disadvantages other interested participants. If you are interested in more than one workshop, please apply for each workshop separately.
There are also a few places available for members of Connect International Groningen. Salaried newcomers from abroad are offered a year-long Connect International membership for free. Connect International hosts a variety of interesting social and career events. Members receive information about these meetings and activites per email.
Upcoming workshops 2019 - 2020
- 10 October 2019: Self-analysis for career orientation
- 15 November 2019: CV Tips and tricks
- 28 November 2019: Coffee POINTS 4
- 12 December 2019: How to find a job that fits
- 23 January 2020 : Stand out with your cover letter
- 7 February 2020: Coffee POINTS
- 27 February 2020: LinkedIn first part
- 12 March 2020: LinkedIn second part
- 26 March 2020: How to successfully network
- 17 April 2020: Job interview tips and tricks + potluck
- 15 May 2020: Coffee POINTS 6
Are you not registered yet?
Download, fill out and send the application form presented on our webpage to dualcareer rug.nl. Our activities are also announced on our newsletter and on our 'POINTS Groningen' Facebook.
|Last modified:||21 November 2019 4.39 p.m.|