Dual-Career Support Meetings
Examples of meetings from the last academic year:
10 November 16.30 - 18.30 Borrel November
15 December 16.30 - 22.00 Presentation of Nations Hotpot for partners and their life parners
Meetings in 2018:
In 2018 Dual Career Support of the University of Groningen organizes three career workshops especially tailored to the needs of internationals who wish to succeed on the Dutch labor market. The workshops are for (registered) partners of (new) international academic staff at the University of Groningen. There are a few places available for members of Connect International Groningen. If you are interested in more workshops, apply for each workshop separately.
The workshops are free of charge and are supported by the University of Groningen. Once we've confirmed your participation in a workshop, we expect you to attend. ‘No show’ disadvantages other interested participants.
For information about the workshops and the instructors, please consult our overview.
- 25 January 1.30 - 4.30 pm: Discover your value Workshop
- 15 February 1.30 - 4.30 pm: Effectively using LinkedIn
- 19 April, 2018 from 1.00 - 5.00 pm: Networking Skills Workshop
- 19 April:17.00-18.30 Borrel
- 9 May 15.45-17.30: Yoga Session
- 8 June 15.00-16.30: Toastmaster Workshop
- 8 June 4.30-6.30: Spring Borrel
- 16 June 2.00-3.45: Guided tour 'De Ploeg' at the Groninger Museum
- 21 June 17:00-21:00 Knetterkermis (City Central event)
- 28 June 13:30-15:00 Groningen Public Library Tour
- 7 July 8.15- 21.00: Day Trip to Schiermonninkoog:
- October 10:00-12:00: Cultural Awareness
- 2 November 10:00-12:00 Meaningful life
- 16 November: 14:00-16:00 Self-Analysis
- 6 December 9:00-11:00 CV Tips & Tricks
Upcoming workshops in 2019:
- 18 January 9:00-11:00 How to find a job that fits -Make sure to match with the vacancy
- 31 January 9:00-11:0 Stand out with your cover letter
- 15 February 9:00-11:0 LinkedIn
- 28 February 9:00-11:0 How to successfully network
- 15 March 9:00-12:00 Job interview Tips & tricks
As of 1 September 2016 (salaried) newcomers from abroad are offered a year-long Connect International membership for free. Connect International hosts a variety of interesting social and career events. Members receive information about these meetings and activites per email.
Planned activities of Connect International
25 January Network café (with representatives of organizations)
These network cafés take place every two months.
Not registered yet?
Download, fill out and send the application form, presented on our webpage, to email@example.com).
Our activities are also announced in our newsletter and on Facebook, on our page 'POINTS Groningen'
|Last modified:||18 September 2018 5.29 p.m.|