Conditions of Employment
The University of Groningen has attractive terms of employment in the areas of:
Salary and remuneration
- end-of-year bonus of 8.3%
- commuting allowance
- collective health insurance with Menzis
- bicycle incentive scheme
Working hours and leave
- generous leave allowance (232 vacation hours for a full-time appointment). A full-time appointment at the University of Groningen is 38 hours. If you choose to work 40 hours a week, you will receive 96 extra vacation hours. If you prefer to work a 36-hour week, you relinquish 96 vacation hours.
- parental leave (both paid and unpaid)
- care leave
- sabbatical leave
- part-time work is perfectly acceptable at the University of Groningen.
In addition, the University has a number of facilities in the fields of:
- internal training courses, ranging from language courses to IT and from personal development to leadership training
- generous training schemes
- the Talent Development Programme (for academic staff)
- the Talent Travel Programme (for non-academic staff)
- Balans: the fitness menu for staff. The Balans programme offers a varied range of courses and workshops, as well as information about healthy sleeping and nutrition, etc.
- its own sports club, together with the Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen
- if things are not going so well, you can find support from our occupational health physicians and welfare staff.
The University also has a package of flexible terms of employment. For example, it is possible to exchange vacation hours for money and vice versa.
Finally, we offer foreign staff the possibility of dual-career support.
This is just a small selection from our total package of terms of employment. You can find more information about this in the CAO (Collective Labour Agreement) for Dutch universities.
|Last modified:||09 August 2017 11.58 a.m.|