National Stargazing Days
|When:||Fr 27-03-2015 18:00 - 23:00|
|Where:||Blaauw Observatory, Bernoulliborg, Nijenborgh 9 Groningen|
The Blaauw Observatory of the University of Groningen will organize public nights on Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28 during the 39th National Stargazing Days. On these days there will be an extensive program for young and old in the theme Spaceflight .
Both days the observatory will be open from 18:00. Location: Bernoulliborg, Nijenborgh 9, Groningen (building V on the Zernike Campus). Admission is free for all activities. The program for Friday is here and for Saturday is here. You can join the Facebook event here. For more information (Dutch), see www.rug.nl/sterrenwacht.
To start with we will of course be stargazing in the observatory, if the weather cooperates. The telescopes in the observatory are also made available by the Groningen Association for Meteorology and Astronomy. There will be many objects to observe, such as the Moon, Venus, Jupiter, the Orion Nebula and the Pleiades.
There will be various activities to enjoy:
- Space Music Concert by NIMANTY, ca. 30 min, continuously from 18:00 - 23:00
- Expo Space research in Groningen by SRON Netherlands Institute for Space Research
- Demo 3D flight through universe by Infoversum
- Exhibit Science LinX with live 3D printing of a model of the Herschel Space Observatory
Children’s program (6 to 12 years old):
- Star Quiz (Dutch): win VIP tour in the Blaauw Observatory
- Funny Rosetta & Philae models by ESA
- Launching mini rockets
These public nights will take place in the Bernoulliborg, Nijenborgh 9, Groningen (Building V on the Zernike Campus). On both days the observatory will be open from 18:00 to 23:00. The program for Friday is here and for Saturday is here. Admission is free for all activities. You can join the Facebook event here. For more information (Dutch), see www.rug.nl/sterrenwacht.