Checklist for assignments
- In all cases, be sure to provide the contractor with a thorough briefing and include the Terms of Purchase when requesting a tender. This stipulates that the contractor transfers the property rights to the University of Groningen (UG). A briefing includes information about the communicative goal and the preconditions (house style and technical preconditions). The contractor should (if necessary) also be informed about the desired branding.
- Reach proper agreements about the rights involved.
- Self-employed photographers without their own staff may work for the UG solely through the platform Jellow. Please check the information about hiring external professionals on the Intranet.
- Photograph – is the photograph intended for a specific medium? Will it be covered by any text? Consider whether there are special criteria that the photograph should satisfy. These criteria could include the communication tool, format (also landscape or portrait) and the photograph’s centre of interest. If necessary, consult the graphic designer who wants to use the photograph in question.
- Animations – if you are planning on having an animation made, you should start preparing well in advance. You should also contact a professional in good time, to discuss what you have in mind. The production of animations or infographics is an expensive and time-consuming process. To whom can you turn if, during the preparatory stage, questions arise or if you need advice? In this situation, feel free to contact the UG’s video coordinator.
- Would you like to know which photographer, videographer or animation specialist can best carry out your assignment? If so, please contact the UG’s video coordinator for more information and advice.
|Last modified:||22 July 2021 3.49 p.m.|