Advisory Committee for Introductory Periods (ACI)
The ACI gives advice about student safety during KEI week and the introductory period for the student associations and the study associations of the degree programmes of the universities. The associations remain responsible for the actual safety.
Duties of the ACI
- Provide information about safety and risks during the introductory period for the student associations and KEI week.
- Support student associations and the KEI committee in drawing up a safety manual for the introductory period: > Explanation of the ACI Safety Plan.
- Every year, assess the safety manuals of the student associations and the KEI.
- Act as the contact point in the event of incidents and advise or mediate concerning the response to incidents.
The ACI has eight members. They are members of the ACI in a personal capacity.
- Prof. dr. J.G.W. Kosterink (ACI chair), professor Hospital Pharmacy (UMCG),
- Drs. N.L. Beintema, manager Student Affairs, HG
- H.B. Koops, study advisor Pedagogical Sciences, UG
- W. Steijn, management support Academy of Social Studies
- D. Petri, MSc, teacher PABO/Applied Psychology, HG
- P. Zweistra, Athletic Staff, University Sports Centre
- S. van Alting Geusau, student PABO, HG
- W.A. ter Kulve, bachelor student IR&I, UG
- O.J. Sotthewes, bachelor student Business Administration, UG
- Drs. A.A. Veenkamp (secretary ACI), Senior Polici Advisor, RUG
ACI contact details
- Web page: ACI
- Email address: aci rug.nl
- Postal address: Broerstraat 5, 9712 CP Groningen
History of ACI
ACI was founded in 1998 by the student associations and the Boards of the University of Groningen and the Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen. In recent years it has been responsible for:
- the increasing quality of the safety manuals,
- the increasing awareness of the risks of, for example, lack of sleep or alcohol consumption,
- the increasing responsibility on the part of the associations for the introductory activities.
|Last modified:||26 March 2021 2.21 p.m.|