Verhoef, Prof. Peter
Peter Verhoef gained a PhD from the Erasmus School of Economics and has been Professor of Marketing at the University of Groningen since 2005. His research includes investigations of customer management, customer loyalty and the purchasing behaviour of consumers when buying organic products. Several of Verhoef’s publications have achieved international recognition.
In 2013 he received the Sheth Foundation/Journal of Marketing Award for his article Understanding the Effect of Customer Relationship Management Efforts on Customer Retention and Customer Share Development. Verhoef was the first Dutch person to receive this prize. In 2009, he and Professor Peter Leeflang were the first researchers from a non-American university to be awarded the Harold M. Maynard Award for best paper in the Journal of Marketing.
Verhoef’s research results are used regularly to highlight problems relating to consumer behaviour or suggest solutions. For example, one of his research projects proved that eating and drinking ‘light’ products does not lead to weight loss but actually has the opposite effect.
In addition to his professorial duties, Verhoef is the Director of the University of Groningen Business School and Chair of the Advisory Council for the Customer Centre of the Dutch Banking Association (NVB).
- Dik door lightproducten? [Fat thanks to ‘light’ products?] (Radar television broadcast)
Gebruik lightproducten helpt niet tegen overgewicht [Using ‘light’ products does not reduce obesity] (RTV Noord broadcast)
Previously in the news
- Consument vindt duurzame voeding te duur [Consumer thinks sustainable food is too expensive]
- Mag je de gebruiker inzetten als proefkonijn? [Can internet users be guinea pigs for research?](NRC)
- In de winkel passen, online kopen: het is een probleem [Try it on in the shop and buy it online: a problem for shops] (Algemeen Dagblad)
- Verhoef en Alsem winnen prijs voor beste marketingboek en beste marketingstudieboek van Nederland [Verhoef and Alsem win prize for best Marketing book and best Marketing textbook in the Netherlands]
- Wie zit er achter de shampoos en luiers? [What’s behind the shampoos and nappies?] (De Volkskrant)
- Meer verkooppersoneel op de winkelvloer beste antwoord tegen ‘showrooming’ [More salespeople on the shop floor the best answer for ‘showrooming’]
- Prof. Peter Verhoef wins Journal of Marketing Award for article with long-term impact
- Zorgen over privacy ov-chipkaart overdreven [Worries about privacy of OV travel card exaggerated] (opinion piece in Trouw)
Contact and further information
|Last modified:||26 March 2020 12.54 p.m.|