Huckriede, Prof. Anke
Anke Huckriede is Professor of Vaccinology at the UG and works at the UMCG. She studied biology at Bielefeld University, where she obtained her PhD in 1990. Following this, Huckriede was appointed as researcher at the UG/UMCG, first at the Department of Physiological Chemistry and then at the Department of Medical Microbiology. In 2011, she was appointed professor.
Huckriede’s research is in the field of vaccine development. Currently, her interest is in rational vaccine design. Her work on (influenza) vaccines aims among others at developing in vitro techniques for vaccine evaluation and at understanding the effects of pre-existing immunity on responses to vaccination. Anke Huckriede has been involved in various national and international consortia as participant, work package leader or co-coordinator.
Previously in the news (mostly in Dutch)
- 78 procent bloeddonoren heeft coronabesmetting doorgemaakt
- What is your best bet? The vaccine or your immune system?
- From fear of the virus to fear of the vaccine: the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine
- Why are so many people in the Netherlands opposed to a Covid vaccine?
- Medische Publieksacademie lezing: Covid-19: vaccinontwikkeling in sneltreinvaart [COVID-19: rapid vaccine development](video)
- Oxford-vaccin 'lijkt te doen wat het moet doen' (en is een stuk goedkoper) [Oxford vaccine ‘appears to do what it should do’ (and it’s cheaper)]
- Opnieuw gejubel over een coronavaccin. Is het nu zeker dat ze werken? [Cheer for another corona vaccine. But has it become clear that they work?]
- Nederland koopt een onbewezen vaccin. Verstandig? [The Netherlands is buying an unproven vaccine. Is this wise?]
- UMCG/UG Professor: Coronavirus vaccine possible in 6 months
- Stapje voor stapje op weg naar een wereldwijd griepvaccin [Step by step towards a global flu vaccine]
Contact and more information
|Last modified:||11 January 2023 12.17 p.m.|