Mission & vision Human Movement Sciences
We are Human Movement Sciences, a department within the UMCG and the Faculty of Medical Sciences of the University of Groningen. Our driving force is to work together to develop knowledge about the mechanisms of human movement and performance. We apply this scientific knowledge to optimize human movement and performance in healthy and clinical populations through prevention and innovative treatment. Our core business is education and scientific research, in which we strive to excel and innovate. By educating the next generation of human movement and sports scientists, we aim to make a positive and lasting impact on society as a whole.
We realize our mission through:
- Recognizing students are our future. We invest time and energy in supporting our students as they develop into independent academics.
- High-quality teaching staff. The expertise, motivation and commitment of our teaching staff is the core of our teaching programmes.
- Strong links between teaching and research. Our educational programmes are inspired by and updated with the newest research findings, in terms of both content and execution.
- Multidisciplinary collaboration. In order to develop, transfer and implement our knowledge, we actively participate in scientific consortia and in close corporation with societal partners.
- Interaction between Science and Society. We make the link between Science and Society throughout the research process, from initial theoretical formulations and research questions, to the output in scientific articles and innovative products and/or treatments.
- A leading role in research. We create research expertise and build national and international research collaboration within the Human Movement Sciences.
- Ensuring quality. We apply a process-oriented, effective and efficient approach to education and research processes. We use high-quality, state-of-the-art equipment and technical facilities, supported by our own technical staff.
|23 February 2023 3.49 p.m.