O.J. (Oskar Josef) Gstrein, Dr
I am interested in the transition from abstract principles (e.g. human rights, ethical principles) into more detailed and specific governance frameworks (e.g. human right to privacy into GDPR). With my background in law and philosophy I work in the department of Governance and Innovation at Campus Fryslân.
Current fields of research:
- Human Rights in the Digital Age.
- Emerging Technologies and Governance (incl. ‘AI’, ‘Blockchain’).
- Internet Governance.
- Privacy and Data Protection.
- (Cyber-)Security & Surveillance in the context of democracy and the rule of law.
- Digital Identity.
- Personal Data and Time (‘right to be forgotten’).
External Lecturer, Europa-Institut Saarbruecken, Germany
Research Fellow, Institute for Technology and Society (ITS Rio), Brazil
Research Associate, Israel Public Policy Institute, Israel
Member Europol Data Protection Experts Network
Reviewer at ERC
Member Data Research Centre, Campus Fryslân
Member Scientific Advisory Board of the Austrian Science Network in the Netherlands
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "ZEuS - Zeitschrift fuer Europarechtliche Studien"
Guest-Editor & Reviewer of the journal "Frontiers in Blockchain"
|Last modified:||12 September 2023 5.41 p.m.|