M.L. Coler, PhD
- Asst. Professor & Research Program Manager (University of Groningen, Campus Fryslân - Leeuwarden, NL): 09/2016-Present
- Associated Member (CNRS - UMR 5263 - CLLE-LTC - Toulouse, FR): 06/2015-Present
- Review Panelist, Cultural Anthropology & Linguistics (National Science Foundation, USA): 01/2015-Present
- Department Head (Cognitive Systems, INCAS3 - Assen, NL): 01/2012-12/2016
- Visiting Scholar (University of Groningen - Groningen, NL): 02/2015-09/2016
- University Lecturer (University of Applied Sciences - Amsterdam, NL): 06/2011-01/2012
- Postdoctoral Researcher (VU Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NL): 01/2011-05/2011
- PhD Researcher (VU Amsterdam - Amsterdam, NL): 01/2006-12/2010
- Postdoctoral appointment, VU Amsterdam 2011
- PhD in Linguistics, VU Amsterdam 2010
- MA (cum laude) in Linguistics, VU Amsterdam 2006
- Graduate studies in Linguistics, New York University 2004
- BA in Philosophy and Chinese, University of Massachusetts 2001
FUNDED RESEARCH (SELECTED)
Grants below are those awarded since commencing employment at the University of Groningen last year. I've been awarded 15.7M€ , of which 826k€ is for the faculty, i.e. approximately 68k€/mo. for 2017.
- H2020-FET-Open - Phoenix. 3.6M€ of which 237k€ is for my faculty
- H2020-MSCA-RISE-2017 - COLING. 1.58M€ of which 189k€ is for my faculty.
- Polish Science Foundation TEAM - Language as a cure: linguistic vitality as a tool for psychological well-being, health and economic sustainability. 814k€ of which 200k€ is for my faculty.
- Interreg VA ID3AS - AED. 9.75M€ of which 200k€ is for my faculty.
- Management Team & Work Package Leader, H2020-FET-Open - Phoenix (H2020-FET-Open)
- Founding Member, Centre for Research & Practice in Cultural Continuity
- Scientific Committee, Engaged Humanities (H2020-TWINN)
- Steering Committee & Scientific Coordinator, COLING (H2020-MSCA-RISE-2017)
- Scientific Board, Polish Science Foundation TEAM grant, Language as a cure: linguistic vitality as a tool for psychological well-being, health and economic sustainability
- Scientific Advisory Board, i3B
- Supervise nine doctoral students
- Serve on Defense Jury for many PhD defenses: 2011 (x2) 2015 (x1), 2016 (x2), 2017 (x2), 2018 (x1),
- Chair and/or Panelist of multiple international conferences, including EvoStar2017, EuroNoise 2015 (soundscape session), Google-Big Data 2013 (CEEDS), etc.
- (co-)Lectured at VU-Amsterdam, TU/e, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, Campus Fryslan
|Last modified:||05 April 2019 3.38 p.m.|