prof. dr. G.B. Huitema
Course Technology Enabled Innovation (TEI)
Gain an understanding of new developments in the field of communication and information services as well as the related architecture and infrastructures that make these services possible. Understand the generic concepts and see analogies for other large scale infrastructures like e.g. energy and public transport.
Mobile and broadband network technologies leads to all kinds of new communication and information services. Application of these services, also called telematics services, can be found everywhere in society, in and around our living and working environment as well as in government. Development of these new services runs parallel with the new value webs of service providers, operators and intermediary parties.
Upon completion of the course the student is able to
1. explain recent and new developments in the field of communication- and information services and the related architectures and infrastructures supporting service delivery.
2. analyse the needs of users and suppliers within a self-selected ICT-subject in the field of architecture and infrastructure.
3. make a design of the service and business model of the ICT-subject in question, based on the related architecture and infrastructure, within a multidisciplinary team.
4. assess one’s own design and that of others, based on relevant quality criteria.
5. form an opinion on unknown applications in het field of ICT-architectures and –infrastructures.
6. work in a multidisciplinary team.
Course code : EBB665A05
Language: Dutch, English
Credits: 5 ECTS
Teaching method: lectures, guest lectures, peer-reviews, site visit
Assessment: Paper, Oral exam
Target group: BSc Industrial Engineering and Management (TBK, BSc Technology Management (TM), MSc Software Engineering, Ma Law and IT
Program 2013 – 2014 (Period Ib)
(1) Introduction + Basics
(2) Networks (I)
(3) Networks (II) + Services + End-user Needs
(5) Security (Frank Fransen, TNO)
(6) Smart Energy Systems (Koen Kok, TNO)
(7) Site visit GasUnie
|Last modified:||06 July 2020 11.48 p.m.|