D. Sengupta, MSc
I am currently employed as a PhD candidate (employed PhD Researcher) with the Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Groningen. Green Deal Initiative funds the position. I am working under the supervision of Dr. Ajay Giri Prakash Kottapalli and Professor Yutao Pei on various projects involving innovative bio-mimetic sensor design and fabrication. Along with that, I am also investigating advanced materials for flexible and stitchable sensor development.
Before joining the University of Groningen, I have served as a full-time Research Assistant (Professional Officer Level 6.1) at Microsystems Research Group, The UNSW, Sydney under supervision Supervision Prof. dr. Chee Yee Kwok (Head of Microsystems research, UNSW). I have also collaborated with the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology on a project involving characterization of piezoresistive nanofibers under supervision or Dr. Ajay Kottapalli. During my post-graduate studies, I have served as a Research Assistant in Micromachines Lab, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, NTU, Singapore (worked on the project titled "Piezoelectric Nanofiber Sensors" under supervision of Professor Miao Jianmin) and also interned at Singapore-MIT alliance (SMART) under the supervision of Dr. Ajay Kottapalli on "Biomimetic flow sensors design and optimization ". I have been instrumental in setting up a collaboration between Sensornomics Singapore (an NTU- SMART spinoff company) and UNSW, Australia, which led to a grant from Australian federal government in the form of Global Connection Funds- Bridging Grant 2017 (the details of which can be found here:
- PhD, Micro / Nano-engineering (2018 - Present)
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- MEngSc, Electrical Engineering (Microsystems) (2015 - 2017)
The University of New South Wales, Sydney
Grade: Distinction with 90% in research component
Past Positions / Experience:
- UNSW, Sydney (Senior Research Assistant Level 6.1 ~ 6 Months);
- Brien Holden Vision Institute (MEMS Fabrication Engineer ~ 2 months);
- UNSW, Sydney (Research assistant Level 5.1 ~ 1 Month);
- UNSW, Sydney (Casual Academic staff ~ 6 Months);
- CHeBA, UNSW, Sydney (Research assistant Level 1.1 ~ 2 Months);
- NTU, Singapore (Research assistant ~ 2.5 Months);
- SMART, Singapore (Research assistant ~ 2.5 Months);
- IIT, Hyderabad (Research assistant ~ 3 Months);
- XESP Ltd. (Intern ~ 3 Months);
- RITES Ltd. (Intern ~ 1 Month);
- Broadcasting Corporation of India (Intern ~ 2 Months).
- U4 Travel Grant 2019: For visiting Ångström Laboratory, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- U4 Travel Grant 2018: For visiting Ångström Laboratory, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Greendeal PhD research funding (2018-2022).
|Last modified:||01 January 2020 4.24 p.m.|