mr. dr. B. Hoops, LLM
- Born on 21 January 1988 in Bremervörde (Germany).
- German: mother tongue;
- English: proficiency;
- Dutch: proficiency;
- French: advanced independent user;
- Afrikaans: basic user; reading without any difficulty;
- Italian: advanced independent user.
- 12 March - 11 May 2018: Visiting Scholar, Max-Planck-Institut für ausländisches und internationales Privatrecht
- 1 September 2017 - date: Assistant Professor at the University of Groningen
- 16 September 2013 - 31 August 2017: PhD candidate and lecturer at the University of Groningen;
- 1 March 2016 - 30 June 2016: Visiting Scholar, Columbia Law School, New York;
- 22 June 2015 - 3 July 2015: research stay at the University of Cape Town;
- 17 April 2015 - 12 June 2015: Research stay at the South African Research Chair in Property Law, University of Stellenbosch;
- 7 October 2013 - 8 December 2013: Research stay at the KNIR (Royal Dutch Institute in Rome);
- 1 February 2013 - 31 August 2013: Research and teaching assistant at the University of Groningen;
- 1 January 2012 - 31 March 2012: Intern at the European Commission (D-G Justice, unit equal treatment legislation);
- 1 September 2011 - 30 November 2011: Research stay at the South African Research Chair in Property Law, University of Stellenbosch (Research into insecure land rights in South Africa's rural areas);
- 23 January 2011 - 24 March 2011: Intern at the Consulate-General of the Federal Republic of Germany;
- 1 July 2010 - 31 August 2010: Volunteer at Natuur en Milieufederatie Groningen;
- 1 May 2009 - 31 August 2013: Research assistant at the Centre of European Law and Politics (University of Bremen);
- 1 March 2008 - 31 May 2008: Intern with the Democratic Alliance at the South African Parliament, Cape Town;
- October 2006: Intern at the German Parliament (Deutscher Bundestag).
- 12 maart - heden: Visiting Scholar, Max-Planck-Institut für ausländisches und internationales Privatrecht
- 16 September 2013 - 14 December 2017: PhD (cum laude), University of Groningen
- 1 September 2012 - 30 January 2014: Master of Laws, Dutch law, University of Groningen (summa cum laude);
- 1 September 2012 - 6 September 2013: Master of Laws, European Law School, University of Groningen (summa cum laude);
- 1 October 2012 - 6 September 2013: Master of Laws, Comparative and European Law, Universität Bremen, Carl-von-Ossietzky-Universität Oldenburg;
- 1 Oktober 2008 - 31 August 2012: Bachelor of Laws, Comparative and European Law, Universität Bremen, Carl-von-Ossietzky-Universität Oldenburg.
Military service / alternative service
- 12 July 2007 - 11 June 2008: Youth Care Worker with a home for disadvantaged youngsters, Beth Uriel, in Cape Town/South Africa.
- 27 June 2007: General University Entrance Qualification (Abitur), Gymnasium Warstade.
Organisation of International Scientific Conferences
- Young Property Lawyers Forum, to be held at the University of Groningen in November 2015;
- The Context, Criteria, and Consequences of Expropriation, held at the Royal Dutch Institute in Rome, September 2014;
- Rethinking Public Interest in Expropriation Law, held at the University of Groningen in September 2013.
- Expropriation Expert Group (founding member)
- European Law Institute (ELI)
- Ius Commune Research School
- Common Core of European Private Law
- 2017: Research Grant, Gratama stichting
- 2014: German-Dutch Law Prize;
- 2013: Scholarship of the KNIR (Royal Dutch Institute in Rome);
- 2013: GUF-100 prize of the Groningen University Fund;
- 2012: Scholarship of the Carlo-Schmid-Programme of the DAAD;
- 2011: Scholarship of the DAAD;
- 2008-2013: Scholarship of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung e.V.
|Last modified:||21 August 2018 11.29 a.m.|