prof. dr. B.D.H.K. Eriksson
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) in Ecological Botany (7 November 2002). Title of Thesis:’Long-term changes in macroalgal vegetation on the Swedish coast: An evaluation of eutrophication effects with special emphasis on increased organic sedimentation’. Supervisor Professor Pauline Snoeijs, Department of Plant Ecology, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Editors Choice in Oikos 124 (2016) " A cross-system meta-analysis reveals coupled predation effects on prey biomass and diversity”
- Best teacher in Biology (2014) Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, University of Groningen
- Feature article in Marine Ecology Progress Series 497 (2014) “Multiple fish predators: effects of identity, density, and nutrients on lower trophic levels”.
- Ecological Research Award (2013) for excellence in ecological research by the Ecological Society of Japan
- Editors Choice in AMBIO (2011) "Effects of Altered Offshore Food Webs on Coastal Ecosystems Emphasize the Need for Cross-Ecosystem Management”
- Nature News – online publication 1 December (2009). Overfishing linked to algal blooms, Depletion of large predatory fish disrupts food chain, by Matt Kaplan.
- Faculty of 1000 (2009), must read article (new finding). http://f1000biology.com/guardpages/evaluation/1168368//article/article.asp%253Fid%253D1168368%2526view%253D%2526style%253D
Supervision Postdoctoral fellows:
- Johan Eklöv (2009-2010)
- Karin de Boer (2009-2013)
Supervision PhD students
- Casey Yanos, 1st Promotor 2017-2021
- Rosyta Andriana, 1st Promotor 2015-2019
- Friederike Engel 1st Promotor 2014-2018
- João Bosco Leite Gusmão Junior 1st Promotor 2013-2017
- Katrin Sieben 1st Promotor 2007-2013
- Serena Donadi 1st Promotor 2009-2013
- >50 master theses supervised between 2007-2016 (30-50 ECTS)
- Adjunct Director of the International Master Program in Marine Biology, Graduate School of Sciences, University of Groningen (2014-present)
- Member, Research Network: EUROMARINE, European Marine Research Network, Representing the Netherlands (2014-present) https://www.euromarinenetwork.eu/
- Member, Research Network: ZEN 1 and 2, the Zostera Experimental Network! A collaborative research initiative financed by the National Science Foundation (NFS global eelgrass network, 2010-2018) http://zenscience.org/
- Scientific Advisor of Mistra EviEM's systematic reviews (The Swedish foundation for Strategic Environmental Research - Council for Evidence-based Environmental Management) (2016-present). http://www.eviem.se/en/projects/Fish-recruitment/
- Evaluation Committee Panel Member for BiodivERsA (2016). ERA-NET European joint calls, funded under the EU’s Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. http://www.biodiversa.org/
- Review Panel Member for ALW Open Programma (October 2015). The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
- Review Panel Member for Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (2015) Environment and global changes panel. http://www.fct.pt/
- Scientific Advisor European Parliament: Invited to present a briefing at a workshop entitled, “Regime shifts in marine ecosystems” for the Committee on Fisheries of the European Parliament, Brussels. The briefing was entitled: ”Does overfishing provoke algal blooms?". (December 2011). http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/note/join/2011/474461/IPOL-PECH_NT(2011)474461_EN.pdf
- Editorial board member for Journal of Sea Research (2010 – present) https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-sea-research/editorial-board
- Editorial board for Journal of Sea Research (2010 – present)
- Reviewer Scientific Journals: Biololgical reviews, Ecology Letters, Ecology, Ecography, Ambio, Oecologia, Marine Biology, Marine Ecology Progress Series, Journal of Phycology, Journal of Applied Phycology, European Journal of Phycology, Estuarine Coastal and Shelf Science, Ecosystems, Global Change Biology.
- Member of PhD examination committees: Y.A. La Nafie (2016), Marlous Portvliet (2015), Cyrus Mallon (2015), Henna Rinne (2014), Els van der Zee (2014), Stephanie Nolte (2014), Xubing Liu (2013), Andreas Zipperle (2012), Sara N de Visser (2011), Deniz Heidar (2010), Jos Meiog (2009), Tanya Compton (2008), Malia Chevolot (2006)
|Last modified:||22 March 2019 3.36 p.m.|