dr. A.J.E. Edzes
Klik hier voor een uitgebreid CV inclusief publicatieoverzicht
Date and place of birth: May 14, 1965 in Hardenberg (Netherlands) / Nationality: Netherlands / Marital status: Married (two children) / Place of residence: Warffum
University of Groningen, Faculty of Spatial Sciences, Department of Economic Geography, PO Box 800, 9700 AV Groningen, The Netherlands. E-mail: email@example.com
Arjen Edzes is a senior research associate at the Department of Economic Geography of theFaculty of Spatial Science of the University of Groningen
Fields of interest
His activities and interest lies in the field of public policy: regional labour markets, wellbeing, European Cohesion Policy, social security, welfare and education. Although he has at this moment a strong focus on research, he also has a long professional career in consultancy of regional and local governments.
2010: PhD at University of Groningen, Faculty of Spatial Sciences, Department of Economic Geography. Thesis title (only in Dutch): Work and Social Assistance: labour market strategies of municipalities. (Werk en bijstand: arbeidsmarktstrategieën van gemeenten). Maastricht: Shaker Publishing. Promotor: Prof. Dr. J. van Dijk.
1991: MA (in Dutch: doctoraal) in labour and organization sociology, University of Groningen, Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
1988: BA (in Dutch: propedeuse) in Sociology, University of Groningen, Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences.
1986: BC (in Dutch: HBO) in Cultural Welfare Work, at Academy of Social and Cultural Labour, Groningen
- Research Associate at University of Groningen, Faculty of Spatial Sciences, Department of Economic Geography, 2004-present.
- Management consultant at CAB Groningen: 2004-2008.
- Lecturer at University of Groningen, department Behavioural and Social Sciences, 2004-2007.
- Management consultant at Deloitte Consultancy, department strategic advisory, 2001-2004.
- Contract research and management consultant at CAB Groningen: 1991-2000.
Project experience and competences
- Fundamental and applied research.
- Counseling and consultancy in strategic public policy
- Interim project management and interim policy management
Externally funded research projects
Edzes has participated in a lot of externally funded research projects of national, regional en local governments, such as ministries, provinces and municipalities and of scientific research funds such as NICIS Insitute, NWO (Dutch Scientific Organization) and SIG (in Dutch: Stichting Instuut GAK).
|Laatst gewijzigd:||28 januari 2014 09:34|