dr. A. Dietrich
I am a research psychologist with a background in clinical, developmental, health, and biological/neuropsychology. The focus of my research is on the causes and consequences of ADHD, aggression, and tics and OCD in children and adolescents. Topics of my interest are cognition, biomarkers, stress physiology and gene-environment associations; and early adversities (pre-/perinatal, stress, family/social context). On the clinical end, I am involved in medication (discontinuation) trials, aiming to find biological/psychological indicators which children may benefit most from treatment. I investigate contextual (child, parent, family, social environment) predictors of treatment success in outpatient child and adolescent mental healthcare. I am furthermore interested in subtypes of psychopathology (e.g., callous traits; tics-OCD); and risk and resilience factors, stigma and quality of life.
- Social cognition in adolescents with disruptive disorders and aggression, an EEG study (SCODA)
- Social cognition in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders (SCASS), an EEG study. Collaboration with EU-AIMS/LEAP.
- Methylphenidate discontinuation studies and audit (MASK, PROEFSTOP, MEDUSA). Risperidone discontinuation study and audit (ORKA).
- DREAMS: Dutch Research in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Study. An initiative of the four major Dutch centers Accare, Curium, Karakter and Levvel to improve child and adolescent mental health. Focus: 1. predictors treatment success, 2. neuropsychology.
- Eat2beNICE: International collaboration on the role of nutrition on mental health. Horizon 2020 (E2BN)
- VANTASTIC: Randomized placebo-controlled trial with a broad-spectrum micronutrient food supplement in collaboration with the Central Institute for Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany (CIMH)
- TIC Genetics: European coordinator of the Tourette International Collaborative Genetics Study in collaboration with Rutgers University/NIMH, New Jersey, USA (TIC Genetics)
- EMTICS: European Multicentre Tics in Children Studies on the role of genetics, immunology and environmental factors on the onset and course of tics. A prospective study. (EMTICS EU factsheet)
- TS-Eurotrain: European network for tic disorders. (EU factsheet)
- NeuroIMAGE: Collaboration with Donders Institute Nijmegen
- AGGRESSOTYPE: Causes of and subtyping aggression - (neuro)cognitive functioning (https://www.aggressotype.eu/)
- MATRICS: Causes of aggression - gene-environment https://matrics-project.eu/
- ZonMW funded study contextual predictors of treatment success in child and adolescent mental health care
- TRAILS: 1. Psychophysiological studies. 2. Gene-environment interactions on the course of ADHD. https://www.trails.nl/
- For more information on projects and results see Child Study Center
(Co)Supervision PhD Candidates
- Mitch Lases: A randomized placebo-controlled trial with a micronutrient food supplement in irritable youth (VANTASTIC). Due 05/2024.
- Elke de Jonge: Social cognition in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders. An EEG study (SCASS). Due 10/2023.
- Gülhan Saracaydin: Response inhibition, brain functioning and genetic correlations in disruptive disorders and ADHD (AGGRESSOTYPE, NeuroIMAGE). Due 03/2022.
- Paul Rosenau: Discontinuation of methylphenidate treatment, a randomized controlled trial in clinical practice (PROEFSTOP). Due 03/2022.
- Renee Kleine Deters: Emotion recognition and executive functioning in disruptive disorders (AGGRESSOTYPE, NeuroIMAGE). Due 11/2021.
- Halewijn Drent: Contextual predictors of treatment success in child and adolescent mental healthcare. (ZonMW funded).
- Thaïra Openneer: The clinical presentation and neural correlates of children with Tourette Syndrome (EMTICS, TS-EUROTRAIN).
- Hyun Ruisch: Gene-environment interactions in disruptive behaviors. (MATRICS, NeuroIMAGE, ALSPAC). Completed.
- Djûke Brinksma: Gene-environment interactions on the course of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) symptoms: From early into late adolescence.(TRAILS). Completed.
- Mohamed Abdulkadir: Genetic and environmental causes of Tourette Syndrome (TIC Genetics, ALSPAC).
- Mariken Dinnissen: Long-term use of risperidone in clinical practice: A randomized placebo-controlled discontinuation study (ORKA).
- Anne-Flore Matthijssen: Continued benefits of methylphenidate in ADHD after 2 years in clinical practice: A randomized placebo-controlled discontinuation study (MASK).
Participation in PhD projects:
- Tammo Viering: Emotion dysregulation and brain functioning in the NeuroIMAGE study. A collaboration with Oldenburg University, Germany and Donders Institute, Nijmegen. Due 03/2022.
- Simone Breider: Parent training in children with autism spectrum disorder and behavioral problems (SPARTA).
- Natalie Forde: Structual and neurochemical correlates of Tourette’s disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. (TS-Eurotrain). Completed.
- Handbook Gilles de la Tourette (2019). Neuropsychological assessments. Boom Uitgever Amsterdam, eds. Cara Verdellen, Agnes Wertenbroek, Daniëlle Cath, pp 164-179. [Dutch]
|Last modified:||15 February 2021 10.55 p.m.|