dr. A. (Andrea) Dietrich
I am a research psychologist with a background in clinical, developmental and biological/neuro psychology. The focus of my research is on the causes and consequences of ADHD, aggression, and tics/OCD in children and adolescents. Topics of my interest are cognition, biomarkers, stress physiology, gene-environment associations, early adversities (pre- and perinatal, stress, family and social context), as well as predictors of treatment success.
- Social cognition in adolescents with disruptive disorders and aggression, an EEG study (SCODA)
- Social cognition in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders (SCASS), an EEG study. Collaboration with EU-AIMS/LEAP. (SCASS)
- Methylphenidate discontinuation studies and audit (MASK, PROEFSTOP, MEDUSA). Risperidone discontinuation study and audit (ORKA).
- DREAMS: Dutch Research in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Study. An initiative of the four major Dutch centers Accare, Curium, Karakter and Levvel to improve child and adolescent mental health. Focus: 1. predictors treatment success, 2. neuropsychology. (DREAMS)
- Eat2beNICE: International collaboration on the role of nutrition on mental health. Horizon 2020 (E2BN)
- VANTASTIC: Randomized placebo-controlled trial with a broad-spectrum micronutrient food supplement in collaboration with the Central Institute for Mental Health, Mannheim, Germany (VANTASTIC)
- TIC Genetics: European coordinator of the Tourette International Collaborative Genetics Study in collaboration with Rutgers University/NIMH, New Jersey, USA (TIC Genetics)
- EMTICS: European Multicentre Tics in Children Studies on the role of genetics, immunology and environmental factors on the onset and course of tics. A prospective study. (EMTICS EU factsheet)
- TS-Eurotrain: European network for tic disorders. (EU factsheet)
- NeuroIMAGE: Collaboration with Donders Institute Nijmegen
- AGGRESSOTYPE: Causes of and subtyping aggression - (neuro)cognitive functioning (AGGRESSOTYPE)
- MATRICS: Causes of aggression - gene-environment (MATRICS)
- ZonMW funded study contextual predictors of treatment success in child and adolescent mental health care. Predictors-of-treatment-success
- TRAILS: 1. Psychophysiological studies. 2. Gene-environment interactions on the course of ADHD. (TRAILS)
- For more information on projects and results see ACCARE Child Study Center
(Co)Supervision PhD Candidates
- Elke de Jonge: Social cognition in adolescents with autism spectrum disorders. An EEG study (SCASS). Due 10/2023.
- Gülhan Saracaydin: Response inhibition, brain functioning and genetic correlations in disruptive disorders and ADHD (AGGRESSOTYPE, NeuroIMAGE). Due 11/2022.
- Paul Rosenau: Discontinuation of methylphenidate treatment, a randomized controlled trial in clinical practice (PROEFSTOP, MASK). Due 09/2022.
- Renee Kleine Deters: Emotion recognition and executive functioning in disruptive disorders (AGGRESSOTYPE, NeuroIMAGE). Due 09/2022.
- Halewijn Drent: Contextual predictors of treatment success in child and adolescent mental healthcare. (ZonMW funded).
- Thaïra Openneer: The clinical presentation, neurocognition and neural correlates of children with Tourette Syndrome (EMTICS, TS-EUROTRAIN). Completed.
- Hyun Ruisch: Gene-environment interactions in disruptive behaviors . (MATRICS, NeuroIMAGE, ALSPAC). Completed.
- Djûke Brinksma: Gene-environment interactions on the course of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) symptoms: From early into late adolescence.(TRAILS). Completed.
- Mohamed Abdulkadir: Genetic and environmental correlates of Tourette Syndrome (TIC Genetics, ALSPAC). Completed.
- Mariken Dinnissen: Long-term use of risperidone in clinical practice: A randomized placebo-controlled discontinuation study (ORKA).
- Anne-Flore Matthijssen: Continued benefits of methylphenidate in ADHD after 2 years in clinical practice: A randomized placebo-controlled discontinuation study (MASK).
Participation in PhD projects:
- Tammo Viering: Emotion dysregulation and brain functioning in the NeuroIMAGE study. A collaboration with Oldenburg University, Germany and Donders Institute, Nijmegen. Due 03/2022.
- Simone Breider: Parent training in children with autism spectrum disorder and behavioral problems (SPARTA).
- Natalie Forde: Structual and neurochemical correlates of Tourette’s disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. (TS-Eurotrain). Completed.
- Handbook child- and adolescent psychiatry (2022). Neurobiological developmental disorders: tic disorders. Andrea Dietrich. Boom Publisher Amsterdam, eds. Ramón Lindauer, Wouter Staal, pp. 164-179. [Dutch]
- Handbook Gilles de la Tourette (2019). Neuropsychological assessments. Boom Uitgever Amsterdam, eds. Cara Verdellen, Agnes Wertenbroek, Daniëlle Cath, pp 164-179. [Dutch]
|Last modified:||25 June 2022 02.26 a.m.|