Forty one scientists have submitted a one minute video pitch for the NWO/Bessensap Science Film Competition. Bessensap is the annual event in which scientists meet journalists and will take place on 10 June. As film is increasingly important in science communication, science funding agency NWO, organizer of Bessensap, has organized a Science Film competition. The public can now vote for the 41 pitches by liking the video's on a special YouTube channel. The pitches are in Dutch.
Six out of the 41 pitches are from University of Groningen scientists. They are (numbers refer to the video on the YouTube channel):
1) Arjen Dijkstra, science history, on Mathematics in the Dutch Golden Age
12) Johan Bos, Arts Faculty, on how computers can learn language
16) Vera Munde, social sciences, on the care for people with serious multiple disabilities
23) Eriba/UMCG, on ageing research
36) Bregje Wertheim, genetics FSE, on the interaction of ecology, evolution and the genome
38) Trinstan Kohl, Economics, on the role of Economic Integration Agreements in globalisation.
You can vote until 23 March!
Different from previous years but still surprising, fun, healthy, and for the whole family: join Groningen’s take on this year’s national weekend of science, organized by the University of Groningen (UG) and Hanze University of Applied Sciences...
Northern Netherlands Top Dutch Solar Racing team joins forces to prepare for solar race in Morocco.
Proverbs. Without thinking about it, we make use of them daily. But our society is constantly changing. Are these ancient wisdoms any use to us still? Young researchers from various disciplines, among whom are many members of the Young Academy...
The UG website uses functional and anonymous analytics cookies. Please answer the question of whether or not you want to accept other cookies (such as tracking cookies).
If no choice is made, only basic cookies will be stored. More information