RDNL and DCC have developed a MOOC: Delivering Research Data Management Services. It is aimed at individuals who support researchers to manage and share their data, including librarians, IT and information specialists, data stewards, and research office staff.
The MOOC will cover the following topics:
· What research support services are commonly offered and who is responsible for providing them?
· How to perform a gap analysis and what tools are needed?
· How to support researchers to develop Data Management Plans (DMPs) and offer feedback or consultations?
· How to provide for short and long term preservation and storage of research data and, where possible, use existing community standards?
· How to develop your own RDM Roadmap?
Delivering Research Data Management Services will start on September 2.
The teaser is already available at https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/delivering-research-data-management-services
Coronavirus update 4: in Europe too
The Dutch Research Council (NWO) has awarded 32 experienced researchers a Vici grant worth € 1.5 million each. Three of the awardees are conducting research at the University of Groningen (UG), and two at the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)...
Identifying individual animals is an important part of biological field research. But how do you distinguish between individual animals when you do not want to capture or mark them, or when they do not have clear markings in their fur and are so dangerous...