Admission requirements and procedure
The following admission requirements should all be met for admission to our research masters:
- LLB or equivalent;
- academic attitude, motivation and talent;
- proficiency in English. Candidates whose native language is not English must provide adequate evidence of proficiency in English. We accept the following tests:
- TOEFL; 92 (all sections need to be at least 21; the writing section needs to be at least 23)
- IELTS; 6.5 (all sections need to be at least 6.0; the writing sections needs to be at least 6.5)
- CAE or CPE
Applicants who are taking/have completed an English-taught bachelor programme at a Dutch research university are exempt from taking an English proficiency test. The test scores cannot be older than two years.
Students can apply by sending the following documents to ggsl rug.nl, the general address of the Graduate School of Law:
- curriculum vitae;
- an overview of transcripts and diplomas;
- a motivation letter, stating your own expectations, interests and ambitions;
- written proof of previously conducted research such as a thesis or scientific paper;
- candidates must provide one letter of reference from an academic referee who has detailed knowledge of their academic records;
- a picture.
Selection is also based on the quality of a written assignment. You will receive the assignment after the closing date.
The application is submitted to the Admissions Committee consisting of prof. P.C. Westerman (RUG), prof. F.M.J. Verstijlen (RUG), dr. J.J. Dijkstra (RUG), dr. J.J.J. Sillen (RU), prof.dr. K. Heine (EUR) en drs. L. Both (RUG).
|Last modified:||07 February 2019 4.41 p.m.|