The Centre for Gender Studies (CGS) at the Faculty of Arts promotes research and education on gender in relation to other categories of difference such as sexuality, class, race, religion, culture, ability and age.
The CGS aims to be a hub connecting gender specialists within the University of Groningen as well as institutions and groups outside the university. Because the CGS regards valorization as an important component of the UG’s role, we assist staff members and students in making gender research and education more visible. In order to make gender and other categories of diffeence more visible, the CGS regularly organizes lectures, workshops, symposia or other events both in and outside university. Proposals for gender-related events are always welcome.
- Supports and facilitates activities such as workshops and lectures both in and outside university
- Gives advice about content of courses
- Aims to establish a University minor on Gender and Diversity
- Collaborates with other faculties at the UG and Science Shops
- Collaborates through the U4 (Network Ghent, Groningen, Göttingen and Uppsala)
- Organize, support and collaborate with projects and activities together with organizations or (gender/feminist/diversity) groups outside the university for the public (e.g. Women’s Day)
Support and provide guidance to students (both at the UG and from elsewhere) doing research on a gender-related topic.
|Last modified:||14 February 2019 07.02 a.m.|