Conference: The Modernization of the Energy Charter Treaty
|When:||Th 13-12-2018 10:00 - 17:30|
|Where:||Academy Hall, Peace Palace, The Hague|
Groningen Centre of Energy Law Organizes Conference on the Modernization of the Energy Charter Treaty
This year marks the 20th anniversary of the entrance into force of the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT), a multilateral treaty that regulates international trade, transit, and investment in the energy sector throughout Europe and Asia. In addition, the Energy Charter Conference has recently initiated a modernization process which aims at bringing the treaty in line with contemporary policy tendencies.
In light of these milestones, the Groningen Centre of Energy Law (GCEL) of the University of Groningen will organize a conference on the 13th of December 2018 in the Academy Hall at the premises of the Peace Palace The Hague, The Netherlands.
The following topics will be discussed
- Investment: liberalization and protection of FDI in the energy sector
- Transit: Challenges in the Energy Charter Context
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Modernization of the ECT and the Russian Federation
- Intra-EU Applicability of the ECT
- Investment Mediation and the Model Instrument on Management of Investment Disputes
- UNCITRAL and ISDS Reform
- Future Investor-State Dispute Settlement under the ECT
Confirmed speakers include
- Dr. Yulia Selivanova / Independent Consultant
- Cees Verburg / University of Groningen
- Dr. Sergey Seliverstov / Sokolov, Maslov and Partners
- Petra Nemeckova / European Commission
- Dr. Alejandro Carballo Leyda / Energy Charter Secretariat
- Prof. Hans van Houtte / KU Leuven
- Thomas Nauta / Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Richard Happ / Luther
The conference will be opened by Secretary General Hugo Siblesz of the Permanent Court of Arbitration and the Key Note speech will be delivered by Mr. Graham Coop (Volterra Fietta).
Entrance will be free of charge; however, registration via the registration button on the left side of this page is required.
Since the conference will be held at the premises of the Peace Palace, registration is mandatory and participants will have to bring their ID to pass security.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com