International Conference on Criminal Liability for Serious Traffic Offences, 7 September 2012
On Friday 7 September 2012, the Department of Criminal law and Criminology of the University of Groningen and the Groningen Centre for Law and Governance will host an international conference on criminal liability for serious traffic offences, in Groningen, the Netherlands. Admission to this conference is free of charge.
The road traffic law of several European countries has been amended quite extensively over the last few years, widening the scope of traffic offences and increasing the maximum penalties. The conference focuses on these trends, as well as on the doctrinal underpinnings and complexities of traffic offences from a Dutch and comparative perspective.
Topics include: the lower limit of criminal negligence, liability for (attempted) voluntary manslaughter in case of dangerous driving, sentencing issues, role and influence of victims and psychological aspects of dangerous driving. The conference is targeted at legal scholars, members of the judiciary, legislators and other legal practitioners.
Start: 10:00 (registration: 9:30)
- Prof. Marc Groenhuijsen, professor of criminal law, chairman of the International Victimology Institute Tilburg, Tilburg University
- Prof. Manuel Cancio Meliá, professor of criminal law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Prof. Karel Brookhuis, professor of traffic psychology, University of Groningen
- Dr. Sally Cunningham, senior lecturer in criminal law, University of Leicester
- Marie-Aimée Brajeux, PhD candidate, Queen Mary University of London
- Dr. Ingke Goeckenjan, lecturer in criminal law, University of Osnabrück
- Prof. Roberto Flor, professor of ITC criminal law, University of Verona
- Dr. Marius Duker, senior lecturer, VU University Amsterdam
- Dr. Hein Wolswijk, senior lecturer in criminal law,University of Groningen
- Dr. Alwin van Dijk, lecturer in criminal law, University of Groningen
This conference is co-hosted and funded by the Groningen Centre for Law and Governance.
You may register for this conference by filling out the registration form.
Admission to the conference is free of charge.
Everybody is invited to join for an informal conference dinner which will take place immediately after the drinks. The fee for the dinner will be 25 euro’s (drinks included).
The conference is held at the Hanze Sociëteit, Oude Boteringestraat 19 right in the centre of Groningen. The Hanze Sociëteit is a 10-minute walk from the train station (about 1 kilometer). There is a direct connection from Schiphol International Airport to Groningen train station (a 2,5 hour journey). Please click here for directions to the conference.
Alwin van Dijk
Carien de Jager
Ineke Groefsema (PAO)
NOvA-points and PE-points
Attendance of this conference will be awarded with 5 points.
If you have any questions about the conference please contact us at: trafficlaw rug.nl.
|Last modified:||28 May 2019 4.34 p.m.|