Rinske Vermeij has won the Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs 2020 in the category Behavioural Sciences for her masterthesis 'The Place of Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology'. With this Rinske has completed the masterprogramme Theory & History of Psychology. We asked her about her research, the importance of qualitative research and why it isn't done that much within the field of psychology.
1. Your thesis is about qualitative research in psychology. What exactly did you research?
2. You won the Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs in the Behavioral Sciences. Congratulations! What makes your research so special?
3. Why is it important to do qualitative research?
4. Few psychologists do qualitative research. How is that possible?
5. Why does qualitative research feel unscientific to some psychologists?
6. With your research you have shed new light on the position and importance of qualitative research. What do you hope will happen with this subject?
Along with Rinske, another BSS student won a Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs. Chantal D'Amore wrote the thesis 'Moralization about "Zwarte Piet" in the Netherlands: How perceived dyadic harm by an extreme (versus moderate) group triggers moralization' and won in the Social Sciences category.
Since January 2020, Annette Mülberger has been working at the Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences. As a Theory and History of Psychology professor she argues that looking at the past can help to understand contemporary issues.
The transition to clean energy is one of the biggest challenges of the moment. What makes citizens want to be involved? And how can people have a say in their energy?
Professor Linda Steg has been appointed a member of the European Academy Of Sciences And Arts . She will be inaugurated in March 2022 during the annual Festive Session.
The UG website uses functional and anonymous analytics cookies. Please answer the question of whether or not you want to accept other cookies (such as tracking cookies).
If no choice is made, only basic cookies will be stored. More information