The website of the UG uses functional and anonymous analytics cookies. Do you also accept other cookies such as tracking cookies? If no choice is made, only basic cookies are placed. More information
The website of the UG uses functional and analytics cookies. Please choose your preferences. Read our privacy and cookie disclaimer for more information.
Rinske Vermeij has won the Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs 2020 in the category Behavioural Sciences for her masterthesis 'The Place of Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology'. With this Rinske has completed the masterprogramme Theory & History of Psychology. We asked her about her research, the importance of qualitative research and why it isn't done that much within the field of psychology.
1. Your thesis is about qualitative research in psychology. What exactly did you research?
2. You won the Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs in the Behavioral Sciences. Congratulations! What makes your research so special?
3. Why is it important to do qualitative research?
4. Few psychologists do qualitative research. How is that possible?
5. Why does qualitative research feel unscientific to some psychologists?
6. With your research you have shed new light on the position and importance of qualitative research. What do you hope will happen with this subject?
Along with Rinske, another BSS student won a Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs. Chantal D'Amore wrote the thesis 'Moralization about "Zwarte Piet" in the Netherlands: How perceived dyadic harm by an extreme (versus moderate) group triggers moralization' and won in the Social Sciences category.
Sports teams, employers and universities all want the same thing: a good selection of candidates. They want the best athletes, the best applicants and the best students, who take to their new environment like a duck to water. And the Dutch Commando...
Compared to their non-bullying peers, bullying children and adolescents have higher risk of drug, alcohol, and tobacco use later in life. An analysis by UG researchers also found that childhood bullies have more risk of alcohol and tobacco use...
Werken aan veerkrachtige samenlevingen, transparante wetenschap en aansluiting op de arbeidsmarkt – dat zijn de drie thema’s waar de Maatschappij- en Gedragswetenschappen van de Nederlandse universiteiten op inzetten. In een gezamenlijk sectorplan...