Rinske Vermeij has won the Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs 2020 in the category Behavioural Sciences for her masterthesis 'The Place of Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology'. With this Rinske has completed the masterprogramme Theory & History of Psychology. We asked her about her research, the importance of qualitative research and why it isn't done that much within the field of psychology.
1. Your thesis is about qualitative research in psychology. What exactly did you research?
2. You won the Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs in the Behavioral Sciences. Congratulations! What makes your research so special?
3. Why is it important to do qualitative research?
4. Few psychologists do qualitative research. How is that possible?
5. Why does qualitative research feel unscientific to some psychologists?
6. With your research you have shed new light on the position and importance of qualitative research. What do you hope will happen with this subject?
Along with Rinske, another BSS student won a Jan Brouwer Scriptieprijs. Chantal D'Amore wrote the thesis 'Moralization about "Zwarte Piet" in the Netherlands: How perceived dyadic harm by an extreme (versus moderate) group triggers moralization' and won in the Social Sciences category.
Ana Guerberof Arenas and Tina Kretschmer of the University of Groningen have been awarded an ERC Consolidator Grant. The European Research Council (ERC) awards these personal grants of €2 million to outstanding scientists. With these grants, the...
Marielle Bovenhoff has conducted a study on the influence of the institutional context on residents’ trust in the institutions dealing with the consequences of gas extraction in Groningen and their affiliated professionals. Between the system and...
Blue Monday is the name that was once given to the supposedly most depressing day of the year. On this day, the UG would like to draw attention to research on depression. Whether there is a relationship between loneliness and depression, what exactly...
The UG website uses functional and anonymous analytics cookies. Please answer the question of whether or not you want to accept other cookies (such as tracking cookies).
If no choice is made, only basic cookies will be stored. More information