The Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies welcomes Master and Research Master students who wish to spend time at our Faculty and to enable them to become thoroughly acquainted with specialist literature, research methods and techniques, as well as with the main issues under discussion in their field of specialization. We invite you to participate in faculty life and to share your expertise. We offer this opportunity for traineeships for a maximum period of one semester or 6 months. The Faculty does not pay for housing and travel, but you may be able to apply for an Erasmus+ grant at your home institution if our faculty has an exchange agreement with your university.
A traineeship can arise for different reasons:
- Through a regular exchange programme of the Faculty or University of Groningen with exchange partners;
- Through a professor/researcher at your home university who has connections at our Faculty.
Before you can officially apply for a traineeship, you need to find a supervisor at our Faculty. Please have a look at the website, where you can find our academic staff members and their respective expertise.
Application procedure MA/ReMA traineeships
When you have found a staff member from our Faculty who agrees to supervise you during your stay in Groningen, you can submit your application through the application form Traineeships. Once the application form is completed by yourself and the proposed supervisor, please send the application form to gradschool.thrs rug.nl, along with the following documents:
- Research traineeship plan (please download here) which should address the following issues:
- the objectives of the research traineeship;
- a short explanation of the content of the research traineeship;
- your output of the research traineeship ;
- plan of action with training components and a time table; and
- start and end date of the traineeship.
- Proof of registration at home university;
- Motivation letter;
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter from supervisor at home university.
When your home university is a partner of the University of Groningen within the Erasmus+ programme you might be eligible for one of the Erasmus+ grants.
Erasmus+ offers students possibilities to go on exchange via the Erasmus+ programme. Universities which have exchange opportunities for students with the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies can be found in this overview. Procedures and possibilities for Erasmus+ exchange are similar for BA/MA/PhD students. The exchange period has a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months. Contact the International Office or Erasmus+ Exchange coordinator at your home university for information about the Erasmus+ programme and application procedure.
|Last modified:||03 May 2021 6.08 p.m.|