Faculty Introduction Day
On Friday, August 31 2018 (13.00 - 17.15 hr), we organize the Faculty Introduction Day for all first-year Master's students of the Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE). You will receive important general (faculty) information during this afternoon. In addition, many degree programmes organize their own introduction event directly after this faculty-wide event, thereby providing specific information about the degree programme.
Location: lecture hall 151 (live) and 165 (video) of the Bernoulliborg building, address: Nijenborgh 9, postal code: 9747 AG, in Groningen.
Please note that depending on your degree programme, certain elements of the introduction day are relevant for you to visit, or not. International students are encouraged to be present during all program elements. We distinguish three groups of students:
- Group 1. Newly arriving International master students, who have not studied at FSE during their bachelor's degree programme (holding a non-Dutch BSc. degree).
- Group 2. Newly arriving Dutch master students, who have not studied at FSE during their bachelor's degree programme.
- Group 3. First-year master students, holding an FSE (Dutch) bachelor's degree.
Faculty-wide introduction day
The tentative program for the Introduction day is as follows (please check for which presentations you are encouraged to be present, depending on the group that you belong to):
|Time||Introduction presentation||Group 1||Group 2||Group 3|
|13.00 - 13.10||Word of Welcome - prof. dr. Marc van der Maarel||YES||YES||YES|
|13.10 - 13.25||The Honours College - representatives from Leadership and HTSM||YES||YES||YES|
|13.25 - 13.40||FSE International Office – drs. Henriëtte Mulder||YES||YES||YES|
|14.10 - 14.35||Studying in the Netherlands||YES||YES||NO|
|14.35 - 15.00||Introduction to information systems - dr. Wouter van Egmond||YES||YES||NO|
|15.15 - 17.15||Optional: Programme-specific introduction event||?||?||?|
Programme-specific introduction event
Many, but not all, degree programmes organize a programme-specific introduction event from 15.15 - 17.15 hr. The table below provides the details per degree programme.
- Also here: check for which presentations you are encouraged to be present, depending on the group that you belong to (see the explanation about the groups above).
- The notion 'Alternative' means that the respective degree programme does not organize a degree programme-specific introduction event from 15.15 - 17.15 hr, but probably on a different day and/or time. Please check the information package from your degree programme to find out the details of this alternative introduction event.
- Pharmacy does not organize a programme-specific introduction event.
- BIO/EE/MB/MBB and BMS/MPS organize a programme-specific introduction event for international students only, on this day. These are degree programmes in which students will start with various study elements, depending on their study choices. Dutch students have been informed about the degree programme extensively, during the information sessions in March and May.
|Degree programme||Introduction 15.15 - 17.15 hr in room||Group 1||Group 2||Group 3|
|MSc. Artificial Intelligence||5161.0165 Bernoulliborg||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Applied Mathematics||Alternative||-||-||-|
|MSc. Applied Physics||5114.0043 Nijenborgh 4||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Astronomy||5419.0161 Kapteynborg||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Behavioural & Cognit. Neuros.||5173.0055 Linnaeusborg||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Biology||5173.0149 Linnaeusborg||YES||NO||NO|
|MSc. Biomedical Engineering||Alternative||-||-||-|
|MSc. Biomedical Sciences||5173.0141 Linnaeusborg||YES||NO||NO|
|MSc. Chemical Engineering||5113.0202 Nijenborgh 4||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Chemistry||5111.0080 Nijenborgh 4||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Computing Science||5161.0293 Bernoulliborg||YES||YES||NO|
|MSc. Ecology & Evolution||5173.0149 Linnaeusborg||YES||NO||NO|
|MSc. Educatie & Communicatie||Alternative||-||-||-|
|MSc. Energy & Environmental Sc.||5158.0237 Energy Academy||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Human-Machine Commun.||5161.0165 Bernoulliborg||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Industrial Eng. & Management||5114.0001 Nijenborgh 4||YES||YES||NO|
|MSc. Marine Biology||5173.0149 Linnaeusborg||YES||NO||NO|
|MSc. Medical Pharmaceutical Sc.||5173.0141 Linnaeusborg||YES||NO||NO|
|MSc. Molecular Biology & Biotechn.||5173.0149 Linnaeusborg||YES||NO||NO|
|MSc. Nanoscience||5115.0017 Nijenborgh 4||YES||YES||YES|
|MSc. Physics||5114.0043 Nijenborgh 4||YES||YES||YES|
Presence of admissions officers
We advise international students to check the status of their enrolment as a student of the university with the admissions officers. The general FSE introduction day is the last opportunity to present your certified copies, in case you have not yet received your official decree of admission. Please check your decision letter and bring the required documents with you. The admissions officers are present and available at the Zernike campus on August 31 from 10.00 - 17.30 hrs in the Education Support Centre (first floor of the Bernoulliborg building).
|Last modified:||04 June 2018 4.07 p.m.|