Requirements specific to the positions at the Faculty of Science and Engineering
The fellowships at the Faculty of Science and Engineering are awarded to outstanding scientists from any country and from any of the disciplines mathematics, physics, astronomy, chemistry, chemical enginering, biology, pharmacy, environmental studies, computer science, artificial intelligence, industrial engineering and management, mechanical engineering or science education/communication.
Successful candidates will be expected to establish an independent, externally funded research programme in collaboration with colleagues at our Faculty and elsewhere. They will also be expected to participate in and contribute to the development of the teaching programme of their discipline.
- a PhD degree
- at least two years of postdoctoral experience outside of the Netherlands, preferably in a different country than where you received your PhD, and a relevant international network
- excellent research qualities, as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences
- a good track record in teaching, appropriate to your career stage
- demonstrable organizational competences
- cross-cultural sensitivity
- good command of spoken and written English
And you are:
- a team player with good communication skills
- able to acquire substantial research grants from external sources
- willing to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) within three years
able to speak the Dutch language or motivated to speak it within five years.
|Last modified:||07 June 2019 09.50 a.m.|