Selection procedure pre-master Real Estate Studies
Students with the following bachelor programmes from a university of applied sciences are eligible to the programme:
- Real Estate Management
- Construction Management
- Building Process Management & Real Estate
- Proof of English proficiency level (for Dutch students without a VWO diploma)*
- Proof of analytical skills in the form of a GMAT test (for Dutch students without a HAVO diploma)**
- List of grades of bachelor’s degree including a weighted average of the grades (7,0 or higher)
- High school (secundary education) diploma
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page): in the motivation letter, students are explicitly asked to elaborate on the knowledge and experience in the areas of a) real estate, b) economics and finance, c) math and statistics, and d) English
- Preferably your bachelor thesis in English but, if not available, a graded essay in English but, if not available, a max. 5 page summary of your thesis or a graded essay in English.
*With regard to the English proficiency level, one of the following requirements need to be satisfied:
- University of Groningen Language Center Test (minimum of B2 on each section)
- TOEFL iBT: (minimum overall score 80, reading: 18, listening: 18, speaking: 20, writing: 21)
- IELTS: 6.0 (minimum if 6.0 on all sections)
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced / C2 Proficiency (CAE or CPE): minimum score of 169
- If a student is a native English speaker, an exemption can be given by the Admission Board.
Contact study.advice.fss rug.nl for more information about taking the English test. Please apply as soon as possible for the language test. The available spots fill quickly, especially in July.
** With regard to the GMAT test score, the following requirement needs to be satisfied:
- GMAT score of 550 or higher > Admissible in combination with the correct degree.
- GMAT score between 450 and 550 > The Admission Board will consider your application.
Please contact the study advisors ( study.advice.fss rug.nl ) for more information if you have questions.
Application (September intake only)
For Real Estate Studies there are 12 places available in the pre-master programme. The Admissions Board assesses each applicant as follows:
- To what extent are courses of prior education (including the results) in line with the MSc. Real Estate Studies?
- To what extent has the applicant the expected knowledge and experience in the field of Real Estate on basis of prior education and the motivation letter?
Prospective students with a Dutch bachelor degree
Fill out the online application form and upload your documents. Please upload all your documents at the same time. The deadline is May 1st.
Prospective students with an international bachelor degree
Apply before May 1st via Studielink for the programme Real Estate Studies. The Admission Office will assess if you need to do a pre-master programme and will let you know what documents they need.
You had to apply no later than May 1st.
|Last modified:||28 January 2020 3.11 p.m.|