We are an international department offering education in Economics, Econometrics and Finance on the Bachelor, Master and PhD level. We also provide short-term courses. All our programs are in English.
We provide two attractive Bachelor programs.
- BSc in Economics and Business Economics teaches how business experts and policymakers attempt to stimulate both corporate and economic activity. The programme provides students with the theoretical tools and analytical skills needed to address complex issues.
- BSc in Econometrics and Operations Research is a combination of four fields: Econometrics, Operations Research, Actuarial Studies and Mathematical Economics. Important features of the programme are small-group teaching, personal contact with lecturers and the combination of theory and empirical applications.
We provide several Master programs, which can be a part of a double-degree program, and a Pre-Master programs in Finance and International Financial Management.
- MSc in Economics is ranked as the best MSc in Economics program in the Netherlands. By teaching economic theories at a high analytical level we familiarise students with the application of theory and research methods to economic practice and policy. Such a combination of rigorous academic thinking with practical application is essential for any professional active in the field of economics, either in policy or research.
- MSc in Finance using research-based methodologies and extensive applications teaches to analyse and evaluate financial problems that companies, investors and institutions face. This programme focuses on a critical analysis and assessment of key issues in corporate finance and portfolio management, combining an academic perspective with a practical orientation.
- MSc in International Financial Management equips students with knowledge, understanding and skills required to define, analyse and evaluate real and complex international financial management problems on both a societal level as well as on the level of companies and institutions and to design solutions for these problems.
- MSc in Research Master in Economics and Business (research) is a top-rated research program in the Netherlands. It is a two-year programme, providing students with a thorough basis for academic research in the fields of Economics and Business. The aim of the programme is to qualify students for a career in research.
Our PhD program is organized by SOM Graduate School. It provides the PhD candidates an excellent research environment, opportunities to develop their skills taking courses at our and at other universities, to participate at conferences and workshops in the Netherlands and abroad.
The aim of SOM's PhD programme is to turn out highly qualified researchers. The graduates work on an individual project, leading to a doctoral dissertation.
Together with other faculties and departments we provide excellent shorter-term courses at our summer schools.
|Last modified:||14 May 2019 3.37 p.m.|