ACLO Sports facilities
The ACLO sports centre is founded in 1945 and is the biggest student sports organization of the Netherlands. Here, 19,000 students from the University of Groningen and the Hanze University Groningen can enjoy sport 15 hours a day, almost every day of the year. The ACLO is a place where you can join a wide variety of sports in a fun setting. Here you will find an alphabetical list of sports that are available.
ACLO Sports card
If you study at the University of Groningen, you can buy an ACLO Sports Card for only € 59,95 a year. If you stay less than six months, you can get a special International Students Sports Card for only € 49,95. Please ask your faculty or institution for a proof of enrolment and bring it to the Sports Centre to become an ACLO member. If you did not receive your student card, you should bring your exchange acceptance letter and an ID card. Usually, you will then also be able to buy your ACLO sports card.
- General hours – classes you can just go to and participate in
- Courses – you have to register in advance on the website if you wish to follow one or more courses (they last for five or ten weeks depending on the sport you choose)
- Sports clubs – there are over 50 clubs associated with the ACLO. They offer a variety of different sports, all with student-priced membership fees and with student-run boards
- Free hours – if you want to play tennis, squash, football or something else with your friends, make a reservation on the website or by phone
- Student sports events that you participate in individually or with your own team
Blauwborgje 16, 9747 AC, Groningen (Zernike Campus)Tel: +31 (0) 50 363 46 41
|Last modified:||04 November 2020 11.06 a.m.|