Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
OnderwijsInternational studentsVisa and Immigration

Nuffic certificate for Chinese students

The information in this section only applies to students who are Chinese nationals (including those who are currently living outside China but excluding ROC nationals). They must apply for a Nuffic Certificate in order to be eligible for a Dutch MVV visa and residence permit.

A Nuffic Certificate is a document issued by Nuffic that provides an assessment of the student’s English language proficiency and of the authenticity of educational degrees and diplomas. It ensures that all Chinese students are sufficiently qualified to pursue their studies and will benefit from their stay in the Netherlands.

Chinese students who wish to enrol in an English-taught programme at a Dutch higher education institution are required to apply for a Nuffic Certificate. Nuffic sends this certificate directly to the International Service Desk (ISD) of the University of Groningen once it has been issued. Once the ISD has received your certificate and the study programme of your choice has accepted you as a student the University will be able to apply for your visa.

Please note that the application for a Nuffic Certificate does not influence the regular admission procedures of Dutch higher education institutions.  

How to apply for a Nuffic certificate?

For more information about the application procedure, required documents and answers to frequently asked questions, please see visit the Nuffic website.

Last modified:31 March 2014 10.44 a.m.