Admission to the programme is by selection, since the number of places available is limited. The top 15% of Bachelor students in their final year are at the beginning of the second semester invited to apply, but students who have not received an invitation can also apply (on a ‘wild card’ basis). If the student can convince the Admissions Board on the basis of his or her CV, letter and an explanatory meeting that he or she is sufficiently motivated and suitable for the HTSM Honours path, the Board may decide to admit the student.
On the basis of the dossiers submitted, students are selected for the Selection Day at Philips to conduct a selection assignment and interview with the Admissions Board. Based on the application files, the performance on the selection assignment and the interview, it is determined whether the student is suitable for the Master’s Honours Programme.
The Admissions Board assesses students on the following criteria:
- study results to date
- reasons for seeking admission to the HTSM Honours programme: the student is ambitious and wants to excel in the field of multidisciplinary, innovative high tech product development
- potential in terms of completing the HTSM Master’s Honours Programme within the specified period of 18 months
- the student is keen to explore the boundaries of his/her own discipline and look beyond them
- the student’s willingness and ability to put theory into practice
- the student’s willingness and ability to cooperate in multidisciplinary teams
- the student’s results on the assignment(s) on the selection day
If you are considering applying, it is wise to ask yourself the following questions:
- Can I draw up a realistic study schedule for myself?
- Can I cope with deadlines and stress?
- Do I have the relevant social skills?
- Can I express myself well orally and in writing (in English)?
|Laatst gewijzigd:||24 april 2015 12:23|