In order to quality for admission to the BA Honours Programme, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- You are registered as a student on a propaedeutic Bachelor's degree programme at the University of Groningen.
- You have been admitted to the propaedeutic phase of the Bachelor’s programme.
- You have sufficient knowledge of English (written and spoken) to follow the Honours Programme (the guideline for sufficient knowledge of English for Dutch students is: VWO final examination in English with a mark of at least 6, see below for English proficiency requirements). Practically the entire programme is taught in English; literature is often in English and also presentations and essays will be done in English.
- You obtained good results in the first semester. The guideline for good results is: you are among the top 10% of your degree programme cohort. This is based on the weighted average of all your marks in the first semester.
- You are progressing in your studies at a satisfactory rate. The guideline for sufficient study progress is: you have obtained at least 25 ECTS, or 80% of the credit points that can be earned in the first semester.
- It is also important that you are motivated, and that you will be able to complete the programme within the specified period (3 years).
English proficiency requirements
All students should have proficiency in English. Being admitted to an English Bachelor's degree programme at the University of Groningen is sufficient proof. Students who are admitted to a Dutch Bachelor's degree programme should have a 6 or higher for English on their high school (VWO) diploma or present proof of equivalent skills.
An adequate evidence of proficiency in English is:
- a computer TOEFL score of at least 237, all sections must be passed (i.e. at least 21 on each section), and a TWE of at least 4.5;
- a paper TOEFL score of at least 580, all sections must be passed (i.e. at least 55 on each section), and a TWE of at least 4.5;
- an internet TOEFL score of at least 92, all sections must be passed (i.e. at least 21 on each section);
- an IELTS Academic score of at least 6.5, all sections must be passed (i.e. at least 6.0 on each section);
- a CPE, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English CAE, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
|Last modified:||08 April 2019 2.36 p.m.|