Hiring: Student Research Assistant
The University of Groningen is an internationally oriented university that ranks among the top European research universities. Committed to its environment, the University plays an active role in society. Researchers and lecturers across a wide range of disciplines are passionate about their work and are granted the opportunity to fulfil their potential. The University strives to reward the talents, ambitions and achievements of its 30,000 students and 6,000 staff members.
The Campus Fryslân is a unique Faculty dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of scientific questions connected with social and economic themes relevant to the province. The core philosophy of the Faculty involves connecting regional themes with interdisciplinary global issues. The Campus Fryslân is composed of three components: a University College (Bachelor’s level), a Master’s College (Master’s levels), and a Graduate School (Doctoral level).
This job will provide you with a unique opportunity to advance your academic or scientific ambitions by providing specialized training and skills.
As a Student Research Assistant, you will closely collaborate on research projects with the Research Programme Manager, mainly in the domains of Linguistics and Psycholinguistics.
In this position, you will:
- learn how to use specialized software like Praat and ELAN to perform linguistic analyses
- connect with senior researchers, PhD students, and international scholars on different projects relating to language, minority languages, and multilingualism
- perform literature reviews and acquire a working knowledge of compelling interdisciplinary topics in the social sciences
- become familiar with scientific publishing, by getting hands-on training in manuscript preparation, submission and peer-review
- have the opportunity to co-author at least one article or presentation, based on our shared research.
The research assistant must be willing to work in Leeuwarden.
- Must be a student in Human/Social sciences at the UG interested in language perception/production, minority languages, language diversity or similar topics.
- Ability to speak and write English (additional languages will be considered assets).
- Familiarity with LaTeX, Praat, and/or ELAN are considered assets.
Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen/Campus Fryslan offers a salary of €1916 in the first year and €2050 in the second year, on a full-time basis. This position is for 8 hours/week, i.e. 20% full time (0.2FTE). The initial appointment is for one year.
You may apply for this position by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- a cover letter introducing yourself and your interests
- your curriculum vitae
For information you can contact: M. Coler, email@example.com
|Laatst gewijzigd:||08 mei 2018 14:47|