MSc Voice Technology
A totally unique Master’s programme!
The Master in Science Voice Technology is one-of-its-kind. It's the only master’s programme dedicated to voice technology. No matter if your Bachelor’s degree is in linguistics, computer science, engineering, digital humanities, or something else altogether, if you are interested in voice technology and aren’t afraid of exploring new terrain, then this is the programme for you. This programme is very hands-on. You will get your hands dirty working in teams making synthetic voices, speech recognizers, and more. You’ll even make your own voice-tech demo!
Why study Voice Technology?
People with scientific expertise in the domain of voice technology are in short supply. We aim to fix that. Starting with you!
In this one-year programme, you will join cutting-edge scholars, professionals, and technologists working at the forefront of voice technology innovation. You will:
- Acquire expertise in speech recognition and speech synthesis.
- Expand your network by connecting to experts from Silicon Valley and local start-ups.
- Participate in a highly collaborative international, interdisciplinary classroom.
- Study with a team of creative professors dedicated to helping you understand voice technology through interactive activities.
- Join a lively environment at the interdisciplinary faculty Campus Fryslân of the University of Groningen in the student city of Leeuwarden.
Who is the MSc Voice Technology for?
This master's programme is geared for those interested in challenges relating to:
- synthetic voices and speech recognition
- the interplay between voice, language, speech and technology
- tools to support lesser-resourced, minoritized languages
- radical innovation around voice forensics, including topics like accent recognition, intoxication detection, real-time speech pathology analysis, etc.
- ethical issues relating to voice technology
Students with a Bachelor’s in linguistics, artificial intelligence, computational science, digital humanities, or similar are encouraged to apply!
Studying at the University of Groningen means studying at a university ranked among the top 100 worldwide. Campus Fryslân is the eleventh Faculty of the University of Groningen, located in Leeuwarden, the capital of the province of Friesland. Campus Fryslân is an interdisciplinary faculty that conducts teaching and research of societal importance at a national and international scale. You can study Voice Technology at Campus Fryslân.
Would you like to know more about the degree programme in Voice Technology or Campus Fryslân? Or do you have questions about studying in Leeuwarden or about how the application and selection procedure works? If so, contact us via email at cf-vt rug.nl. We are more than happy to help you!
|Last modified:||12 April 2021 11.18 a.m.|