Bucket List for First Years [and everyone else too]
|Date:||25 September 2020|
Just started your studies? Then you should not miss the Bucket List for First Years. Arrange and rearrange your new bedroom? Probably check. Complain about the weather? Definitely check. How many can you check off? Disclaimer: also for non-first years
1. Chill at someone else’s place
2. Go to a houseparty
3. Arrange and rearrange your new bedroom
4. Buy a plant
- And actually keep it alive
5. Meet as many new people as you can
- Don’t forget about the students in other studies or cohorts!
6. Go to a birthday party and congratulate everybody in the room
7. Attempt to make a budget
- Because you know, adult things and whatnot
8. Climb the Oldehove
- Leeuwardens very own leaning tower!
9. Join a Club or Committee
- Don't know what committee’s you can join? Keep an eye on this blog!
10. Cook a meal with friends
11. Learn some Dutch swear words - same effect can be reached by screaming the word Hagelslag (chocolate sprinkles) at the top of your lungs
12. Get a bike
- You will for sure need one!
13. Go out, completely forget where you parked your bike, walk home, and spend an hour the next day (with a bit of a headache) trying to find it
14. Fall off your bike
- It’s a rite of passage really
15. Have a conversation in your first week that doesn’t start with “where are you from?” or “what do you study?”
- Pretty much impossible
16. Complain about the weather
- If it is too hot, complain it is too hot. If it rains, complain that it's raining. If it is just right, complain that you can’t complain about the weather today. It’s the Dutch way
20. Teach a Dutch student a song from your own country
21. Learn to correctly pronounce your street name
22. Remember the name of everyone in your class
23. Become friends with a Masters student [if you’re a bachelors student] and vice versa