Concepts and approach
The International Classroom concept
At the University of Groningen (UG), the International classroom has been defined as:
“inclusive, active learning through a common language in which all students and lecturers engage in purposeful interactions, with diverse ideas and diverse people, to develop and demonstrate internationalized learning outcomes, aligned with the UG program vision on internationalization, in order to enhance the quality of teaching and learning and employability for all students” (2018, International Classroom project).
- contribute to the quality of teaching and learning
- enhance global employment and citizenship
- create an inclusive learning organization
- contribute to a sustainable society.
- international content
- inclusive and active learning methods
- development of intercultural competences
- curriculum redesign with internationalized, intercultural learning outcomes.
- through purposeful interactions
- a common language
- alignment learning outcomes, pedagogy and assessment
- with appropriate resources and support
- with a clear vision and verifiable goals
through close monitoring and evaluation.
|Last modified:||09 January 2020 2.41 p.m.|