In Science - Podcast
In Science is the University of Groningen podcast where we interview researchers and bring you the latest news and reports from the academic community in Groningen. At the moment all our episodes are recorded in Dutch, but we're planning on recording in English real soon as well. You can listen to In Science on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Stitcher ordirectly through our RSS feed. Subscribe and don't miss a single episode!
In Science: Episode 9 - Steffie van der Steen
Animal-assisted therapy in working with children with Down syndrome or autism is gaining popularity. But does it really work - and if so, how? Dr. Steffie van der Steen is interviewed by Wim Brons and Arjen Dijkstra about her research on animal-assisted therapy. Arjen brings us the latest news in science and as part of the Intellectual Property (IP) week there's an interview with members of the Oceangrazer project and the IP-team.
Previous episodes (all in Dutch):
- Episode 8: Professor Casper Albers is interviewed by Wim Brons and Nanna Hilton about the use of applied statistics in the media, fact checking and more.
- Episode 7: Katherine Stroebe & Tom Postmes discuss their research on the effects of earthquakes as a results of gas extraction on the health of people in the region.
- Episode 6: Professor Peter Verhoef on the effects of the platform economy.
- Episode 5: Wim and Nanna interview Anton Scheurink, professor Neuroendocrinology about Anorexia and addiction.
- Episode 4: Niels Taatgen is interviewed on the latest developments in AI and the new CogniGron institute.
- Episode 3: Marthe Walvoort talks about her research on sugar and the effects on health and illness.
- Episode 2: Marie José van Tol on the use of cognitive therapy in preventing depression relapse.
- Episode 1: In the 1st episode Mickel Hansen is interviewed on being part of the doing ground breaking research as part of the Ben Feringa group.
|Last modified:||22 May 2019 11.18 a.m.|