Vis, Prof. Iris
Iris Vis is Dean of Industry Relations at the University of Groningen (RUG). In this function she is responsible for initiating and maintaining sustainable cooperation of the University with businesses and non-profit organizations. She is also a professor at the Faculty of Economics and Business. Vis has a Master's degree in mathematics from the University of Leiden and received her PhD at the Erasmus University Rotterdam. Before joining the University of Groningen, she was an associate professor at the VU University Amsterdam. She was a visiting researcher at CIRRELT (Montreal / Quebec City, Canada), Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, USA) and Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, USA).
Vis enjoys to seek opportunities for interaction with businesses and non-profit organisations. She often starts with a personal visit to a company or meets for a cup of coffee somewhere in the country. Such visits typically provide inspiration for teaching and research. Contacts can lead to projects in which questions of companies and fundamental research questions are brought together, research results are validated in practice, implementation guidance is given, or where policy recommendations are made for boards. With great pleasure, the results of research projects are presented at in-house training at companies and professional conferences. One of the highlights in this respect was the presentation of research results to Queen Máxima.
Read more about the career and plans of the Dean of Industry Relations.
Previously in the news
- Simply borrow the competitor’s ship
- NWO grants for sustainable logistics
- ‘Switch to large-scale use of LNG golden opportunity for the Netherlands’
- Groningen logistics professors help transport sector switch to more environmentally friendly fuels
- Smart transportation can maintain quality of village life (in Dutch)d
- University of Groningen conducts research into the development of Groningen Seaports (in Dutch; Radio Noord, May 2011)
- Iris F.A. Vis appointed Professor of Industrial Engineering
- Iris Vis on the logistical challenges involved in introducing LNG
- Trendy teaching pack makes school pupils enthusiastic about logistics
- The ‘Physical Internet’ as a solution for a more efficient logistics system
- Sustainable transport
- Vis in a video on the cooperation between University of Groningen and Groningen Seaports
Smart transport in a shrinking region
Contact and more information
|Last modified:||03 September 2018 11.39 a.m.|