Election Lecturer of the Year on 30 January 2019
On Wednesday 30 January 2019 ten University of Groningen lecturers will do battle for the title Lecturer of the Year 2018 in Room 0015 of the Kapteynborg (Landleven 12, Zernikecomplex). The event will start at 1:30 p.m. with a keynote lecture. Starting at 2:30 p.m. the nominated lecturers will take it in turns to give a short lecture lasting about 10 minutes. After the exciting contest the jury will announce the winner of the University of Groningen Lecturer of the Year 2018.
The nominees (in random order):
- University College Groningen – dr. M. (Maria) Ioannou
- Medical Sciences – drs. M.A.C. (Marco) Versluis
- Economics and Business – dr. M.M. (Marc) Kramer
- Science and Engineering - prof. dr. D.J. (Dirk) Slotboom
- Theology and Religious Studies – dr. A.J.M. (Andrew) Irving
- Philosophy - dr. (H.T.) Han Thomas Adriaenssen
- Law - mr. J.H.M. (Hans) ter Haar
- Arts - prof. dr. P. (Pablo) Valdivia Martin
- Behavioural and Social Sciences - G.A. (Geke) Schuurman
- Spatial Sciences – dr. M. (Mark) van Duijn
The winner will receive a prize of € 5,000, donated by the COWOG Fund, a work of art and an invitation to develop and give a course unit for the Honours College, and be given a work of art. The two runners-up will receive € 2,500 each.
The University of Groningen Lecturer of the Year election is being held this year for the twelfth time.
The annual prize for the Lecturer of the Year, and for the two runners-up as well, will be donated by the COWOG Fund. The amount of money should be used for investment in the winner's education (further education, conference, study, student assistant, and the like). In addition, the winner will receive a sculpture created by Joek of Draanen.
|Last modified:||14 January 2019 4.44 p.m.|