Dr Marc Kramer Lecturer of the Year 2018
Dr Marc Kramer of the Faculty of Economics and Business is Lecturer of the Year 2018. The two runners-up are Dr Maria Ioannou (University College Groningen) and Han Thomas Adriaenssen (Philosophy).
On Wednesday 30 January 2019 ten University of Groningen lecturers battled for the title Lecturer of the Year 2018 in the Kapteynborg. The event started at 1:30 p.m. with a keynote lecture. Starting at 2:30 p.m. the nominated lecturers took it in turns to give a short lecture lasting about 10 minutes. After the exciting contest the jury announced the winner of the University of Groningen Lecturer of the Year 2018.
The nominees (in random order):
- University College Groningen – dr. M. (Maria) Ioannou
- Medical Sciences – drs. M.A.C. (Marco) Versluis
- Economics and Business – dr. M.M. (Marc) Kramer
- Science and Engineering - prof. dr. D.J. (Dirk) Slotboom
- Theology and Religious Studies – dr. A.J.M. (Andrew) Irving
- Philosophy - dr. (H.T.) Han Thomas Adriaenssen
- Law - mr. J.H.M. (Hans) ter Haar
- Arts - prof. dr. P. (Pablo) Valdivia Martin
- Behavioural and Social Sciences - G.A. (Geke) Schuurman
- Spatial Sciences – dr. M. (Mark) van Duijn
The winner received a prize of € 5,000, donated by the COWOG Fund, a work of art and an invitation to develop and give a course unit for the Honours College, and wasbe given a work of art. The two runners-up received € 2,500 each.
The University of Groningen Lecturer of the Year election was being held this year for the twelfth time.
The annual prize for the Lecturer of the Year, and for the two runners-up as well, will be donated by the COWOG Fund. The amount of money should be used for investment in the winner's education (further education, conference, study, student assistant, and the like). In addition, the winner will receive a sculpture created by Joek of Draanen.
|Last modified:||27 March 2019 3.28 p.m.|