The University of Groningen logos are available through this portal. There is a wide range of formats to match the various applications of the logo. To find the logo you need, first select the logo (University, Faculty or service) you need, then the colour (red, white or black), then the colour system (CMYK, RGB or PMS) and finally the file type (EPS, GIF, JPG or PNG). Below is a short explanation of these choices. If you have to send a logo to an external party, you can run through the following questions with your contact person. Click here for the guidelines concerning the proper use of the logo, for example the required white space around the logo.
Which logo (University, Faculty or service)?
The corporate logo and the logos of the faculties are available from the logo database. There are also logos of the services of the universities. If you need a logo of a service, please contact the house style coordinator of service concerned. Click here for a list of the house style coordinators.
The house style colour of the University of Groningen is red (see the colour palette for an exact description of this ‘RUG red’). Whenever possible, select this colour when using the logo. In some cases ‘RUG red’ cannot be used. Then the black logo may be used, for example in newspaper advertisements and pages printed on B/W laser printers. The white version is intended for use on a dark background. The white logo’s background is transparent. For technical reasons, the white version is only available in EPS and PNG.
Which colour system?
- PMS is used for printing in spot colour
- CMYK is used for full-colour printing
- RGB is used for on-screen viewing applications (websites, PowerPoint presentations, MS Office files, etc.)
Particular care must be taken with ‘RUG red’ in the various colour systems. In PMS, the house style’s colour is 186C. The CMYK value of this colour is 0c100M80y0k. N.B. The value generated automatically by some software through translation of the PMS value may differ from this value. Always check such a translation! If the generated value is different, use the official value. The RGB definition is R204_G0_B0. Click here for all colour definitions.
Which file type?
The file type to be selected depends on the specific use of the logo, which is available in a wide range of file types.
- EPS: vector-based format intended for use in printing, lettering and other applications. Most staff members of the University of Groningen do not have access to the software required to open these files.
- GIF, JPG: high-resolution bitmap files that can be used in screen-viewing applications and in MS Office files.
- PNG: compressed bitmap files that are particularly useful in screen-viewing applications. For use in Adobe Fireworks these files also contain vector information.
If you have any questions about the use of the logo or if you need it in a different file format or a different colour system, please contact the Communication Office at (050) 3636111 or email@example.com.
|Last modified:||27 November 2018 3.29 p.m.|