Strijker, Prof. Dirk
Dirk Strijker (1953) is professor by special appointment in Rural Development at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences. He studied Economics in Groningen and was awarded a PhD in 2000 by the University of Amsterdam for a study of regional differences in European agriculture.
Strijker is an expert in the field of rural development and European agricultural policy. He has been the Mansholt Professor of Rural Development since 2005. This chair was endowed by the Faculty of Spatial Sciences at the request of the Stichting voor Hoger Landbouwonderwijs (Foundation for Higher Agricultural Education). Strijker publishes on the economic aspects of agriculture and agriculture economics and policy, among other things. He writes not only for other scientists, but also for the general public as a columnist for the Dagblad van het Noorden (until 2009) and De Boerderij (since 2010).
Previously in the news
- ‘Abolishing the milk quota will not lead to a mega-barn boom’
- ‘Countryside will empty without high-speed internet’
- ‘Mansholt’s agricultural policy was foundation of European Union’
- ‘Nature development in the Netherlands is delayed by the high prices of agricultural land’
- Dirk Strijker holder of first Mansholt Chair
Contact and further information
|Last modified:||26 March 2020 3.23 p.m.|