Bolderdijk, dr. Jan Willem
Jan Willem Bolderdijk is an associate professor at the Faculty of Economics and Business. He received his doctorate in 2011 for his dissertation on psychology, entitled 'Buying People: The Persuasive Power of Money'.
The fields of psychology and marketing are recurring topics in Bolderdijk's research. Bolderdijk focuses on the social issues of tomorrow, especially in relation to sustainability and influencing consumers to make sustainable choices. His research aims at uncovering psychological barriers that prevent changes in consumer behaviour. Indeed, consumer behaviour has great influence when it comes to social problems such as climate change, overconsumption and the depletion of natural resources.
Furthermore, Bolderdijk is also a member of the Young Academy Groningen, a group of talented, enthusiastic, and ambitious young UG academics from different disciplines. The YAG aims to raise awareness of the UG's young talent. Together with his colleagues from the YAG, he wrote a book in which the authors gave young research talent the opportunity to participate by inviting them to submit their own research proposals and contribute to the book.
Previously in the news (mostly in Dutch)
- Opinion: Meat free week - a recipe for change
- Veni subsidie voor Jan Willem Bolderdijk: "Heilige boontjes en duurzame consumptie"
- Young Academy Groningen welcomes seven new members
- "Kun je in je eentje de wereld redden?", Dr Jan Willem Bolderdijk bij de Universiteit van Nederland
- Interview met dr. Jan Willem Bolderdijk, Universiteit van het Noorden
- Achterhaalde waarheid? Zin en onzin van spreekwoorden
Contact and more information
|Last modified:||09 June 2023 8.36 p.m.|