prof. dr. S.S. Faraji
- Associate Professor in Theoretical Chemistry, University of Groningen (March 2017-present)
- Independent Junior Group Leader, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientic Computing (IWR), Heidelberg University, Germany (2012-2017)
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, USA (2014-2016)
- Habilitation, Department of Physical Chemistry, Heidelberg University, Germany (2012-2017)
- Postdoc, Theoretical Chemistry, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany (2010-2012)
- Ph.D., Department of Physical Chemistry, Heidelberg University, Germany (2006-2010)
- M. Sc., Department of Physical Chemistry, Iran University of Science and Technology,Iran (2003-2005)
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Fellow of the Robert Bosch Foundation, Excellence and Leadership Skills for Outstanding Women in Science, Germany (2016-2018)
- Romberg Grant of 4th Heidelberg Laureate Forum, Klaus Tschira Foundation, Germany (2016)
- Burg Foundation Teaching Fellowship, University of Southern California,USA (2015)
- Fellow of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for Junior Researchers, Visiting Scholar, USA (2014-2016)
- Fellow of the Eliteprogramm for Postdocs, Baden-Wurttemberg Foundation, Germany (2011-2013)
- German permanent residency as high-qualied scientist, Heidelberg, Germany (2012)
- Summa cum Laude for Ph.D defense; an honor added to Ph.D degrees for work that is considered to be of highest quality (2010)
- Sophie Bernthsen Award of the University of Heidelberg for outstanding Ph.D. thesis, Germany (2008)
- Fellow of the Heidelberg Graduate of Mathematical and Computational Methods for the Science, Heidelberg University, Germany (2006-2010)
INVITED TALKS IN CONFERENCES AND ADVANCED SCHOOLS
- Jun. 2017 FemEx Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, Putten, The Netherlands.
- May. 2017 Vlieland 2017 meeting, Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, Vlieland, The Netherlands.
- Apr. 2017 253rd National American Chemical Society National Meeting (ACS), COMP Division "Symposium Strong Electron Correlation and Nonadiabatic Dynamics", San Fransisco, USA.
- Jul. 2016 Institute for Physics and Astronomy, Potsdom-Golm, Germany.
- Jul. 2016 Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Nov. 2016 Laboratoire de Chimie Physique, invited by Dr K. Brettel, University Paris-Sud, Orsay, France.
- Nov. 2016 "Electrons and nuclei in motion - correlation and dynamics in molecules", Symposium in Honor of the 70th Birthday of Lorenz Cederbaum, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Jun. 2016 "8th Molecular Quantum Mechanics (MQM) congress", Uppsala, Sweden.
- May. 2016 Free University of Berlin, Institute for Chemistry and Biochemistry, Berlin, Germany.
- May. 2016 American Society for Photobiology, "Symposium of Dynamics and Mechanism of DNA Repair by Photolyase: Experiment and Theory", special celebration for Prof. Aziz Sancar for his 2015 nobel prize, Tampa, Florida, USA.
- Feb. 2016 "Minisymposium: Theoretical Molecular Quantum Dynamics", Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- Jul. 2015 Institute of Physical Chemistry, invited by by Prof. J. Gauss, Mainz, Germany.
- May. 2015 Institute of Physical Chemistry, invited by Prof. B. Engels,Wurzburg, Germany.
- Oct. 2014 Department of Chemistry, invited by Prof. A. Dutoi, University of Pacic California, Stockton, USA.
- May. 2014 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. H. D. Meyer, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Apr. 2014 Interdisciplinary Center for Scientic Computing (IWR), invited by Prof. A. Hujeirat, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Oct. 2013 "Excited States and Complex Environments Conference", Muunster, Germany.
- Dec. 2012 Theoretical Chemical Biology, invited by Prof. M. Elstner, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Oct. 2012 Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, invited by Prof. Alan Aspuru-Guzik (original invitation by Prof. Eric Heller), Cambridge, USA.
- Nov. 2012 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. Spiridoula Matsika, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Dec. 2011 Femtoscience-Ultrafast Dynamics and Spectroscopy, Physical Chemistry department, invited by Prof. M. Motzkus, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Oct. 2009 Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, invited by Prof. A. Dreuw, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Jun. 2009 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. D. Yarkony, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA.
- Jun. 2008 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. S. Matsika, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Elite Postdoc Program of Baden-Württemberg Foundation, Germany, 2012-2014.
- Scholarship holder of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) “Research scholarship for junior researcher, University of Southern California, USA, 2014-2016.
- Independent principal investigator for the “SFB/Transregio 194 "Kovalente Protein-Ligand-Interaktionen: Mechanismen, Selektivität und Wirksamkeit", Würzburg / Heidelberg / Mainz”. Fisrt evaluation: successful, second evaluation: August 24-25th-2016, 2017-2020
|Last modified:||06 August 2018 3.07 p.m.|