prof. dr. S.S. Faraji
- Associate Professor in Theoretical Chemistry, University of Groningen (March 2017-present)
- Independent Junior Group Leader, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientic Computing (IWR), Heidelberg University, Germany (2012-2017)
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Chemistry, University of Southern California, USA (2014-2016)
- Habilitation, Department of Physical Chemistry, Heidelberg University, Germany (2012-2017)
- Postdoc, Theoretical Chemistry, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany (2010-2012)
- Ph.D., Department of Physical Chemistry, Heidelberg University, Germany (2006-2010)
- M. Sc., Department of Physical Chemistry, Iran University of Science and Technology,Iran (2003-2005)
FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Elected as member of the Young Academy Groningen (2019-2024)
- NWO Vidi grant (2018-2023)
- Fellow of the Robert Bosch Foundation, Excellence and Leadership Skills for Outstanding Women in Science, Germany (2016-2018)
- Romberg Grant of 4th Heidelberg Laureate Forum, Klaus Tschira Foundation, Germany (2016)
- Burg Foundation Teaching Fellowship, University of Southern California,USA (2015)
- Fellow of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for Junior Researchers, Visiting Scholar, USA (2014-2016)
- Fellow of the Eliteprogramm for Postdocs, Baden-Wurttemberg Foundation, Germany (2011-2013)
- German permanent residency as high-qualied scientist, Heidelberg, Germany (2012)
- Summa cum Laude for Ph.D defense; an honor added to Ph.D degrees for work that is considered to be of highest quality (2010)
- Sophie Bernthsen Award of the University of Heidelberg for outstanding Ph.D. thesis, Germany (2008)
- Fellow of the Heidelberg Graduate of Mathematical and Computational Methods for the Science, Heidelberg University, Germany (2006-2010)
INVITED TALKS IN CONFERENCES AND ADVANCED SCHOOLS
- Aug. 2020 "12th World Association of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (WATOC)”, Vancouver, Canada.
- Jul. 2019 "9th Molecular Quantum Mechanics Conference”, Heidelberg, Gemany.
- Jun. 2019 "10th International Meeting on Atomic and Molecular Physics and Chemistry 2019", Madrid, Spain
- Apr. 2019 "13th European Conference on Atoms Molecules and Photons (ECAMP13)”, Florence, Italy.
- Mar. 2019 "Stauffer Symposium University of Southern California”, Los Angeles, USA.
- Dec. 2018 "CHAINS”, Veldhoven, Netherlands.
- Aug. 2018 "6th High Dimensional Quantum Dynamics”, Lille, France.
- Aug. 2018 "Molecular Electronic Structure”, Metz, France.
- Jul. 2018 "11th Congress on Electronic Structure Principles and Applications”, Toledo, Spain.
- Jun. 2018 "XXIVth International Symposium on the Jahn-Teller effect", Santander, Spain.
- Apr. 2018 "10th edition of the Isolated Biomolecules Biomolecular Interactions", Texel, Netherlands.
- Feb. 2018 58th Sanibel Symposium, Georgia, USA.
- Feb. 2018 Institute of Theoretical Chemistry, Erlangen, Germany
- Oct. 2017 VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Sep. 2017 Leiden Chemical Biology Lectures, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Jul. 2017 European Joint Doctorate in Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling,Leuven, Belgium.
- Jun. 2017 FemEx Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, Putten, The Netherlands.
- May. 2017 Vlieland 2017 meeting, Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, Vlieland, The Netherlands.
- Apr. 2017 253rd National American Chemical Society National Meeting (ACS), COMP Division "Symposium Strong Electron Correlation and Nonadiabatic Dynamics", San Fransisco, USA.
- Jul. 2016 Institute for Physics and Astronomy, Potsdom-Golm, Germany.
- Jul. 2016 Zernike Institute for Advanced Materials, Groningen, The Netherlands.
- Nov. 2016 Laboratoire de Chimie Physique, invited by Dr K. Brettel, University Paris-Sud, Orsay, France.
- Nov. 2016 "Electrons and nuclei in motion - correlation and dynamics in molecules", Symposium in Honor of the 70th Birthday of Lorenz Cederbaum, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Jun. 2016 "8th Molecular Quantum Mechanics (MQM) congress", Uppsala, Sweden.
- May. 2016 Free University of Berlin, Institute for Chemistry and Biochemistry, Berlin, Germany.
- May. 2016 American Society for Photobiology, "Symposium of Dynamics and Mechanism of DNA Repair by Photolyase: Experiment and Theory", special celebration for Prof. Aziz Sancar for his 2015 nobel prize, Tampa, Florida, USA.
- Feb. 2016 "Minisymposium: Theoretical Molecular Quantum Dynamics", Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- Jul. 2015 Institute of Physical Chemistry, invited by by Prof. J. Gauss, Mainz, Germany.
- May. 2015 Institute of Physical Chemistry, invited by Prof. B. Engels,Wurzburg, Germany.
- Oct. 2014 Department of Chemistry, invited by Prof. A. Dutoi, University of Pacic California, Stockton, USA.
- May. 2014 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. H. D. Meyer, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Apr. 2014 Interdisciplinary Center for Scientic Computing (IWR), invited by Prof. A. Hujeirat, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Oct. 2013 "Excited States and Complex Environments Conference", Muunster, Germany.
- Dec. 2012 Theoretical Chemical Biology, invited by Prof. M. Elstner, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Oct. 2012 Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, invited by Prof. Alan Aspuru-Guzik (original invitation by Prof. Eric Heller), Cambridge, USA.
- Nov. 2012 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. Spiridoula Matsika, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Dec. 2011 Femtoscience-Ultrafast Dynamics and Spectroscopy, Physical Chemistry department, invited by Prof. M. Motzkus, Heidelberg, Germany.
- Oct. 2009 Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, invited by Prof. A. Dreuw, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Jun. 2009 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. D. Yarkony, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA.
- Jun. 2008 Theoretical Chemistry Institute, invited by Prof. S. Matsika, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
- NWO Vidi grant (2018-2023)
- External Joint Supervision Program Model King Saud University (2018–2022)
- University of Southern California Visiting Researcher Scholarship (2016-2017)
- Scholarship holder of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) “Research scholarship for junior researcher, University of Southern California, USA, 2014-2016.
- Elite Postdoc Program of Baden-Württemberg Foundation, Germany, 2012-2014.
- Graduated School MathComp (2006-2010)
ORGANISATION OF SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
- 2020 Organizer “High Dimensional Quantum Dynamics”, Groningen, Netherlands.
- 2020 Scintific Program Committe Physcixs @ Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- 2019 Organizer group leader evening "CHAINS2019", Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- 2019 Organizer “Focused Session: FemEx at Veldhoven”, Physics at Veldhoven, Netherlands.
- 2019-- Organizer, Faculty of Science and Engineering Female Networking Monthly Meetings, University of Groningen, Netherlands.
- 2018 Organizer, CECAM-Lorentz Workshop “Molecular Simulations Meets Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence”, Leiden, Netherlands.
- 2018 Scientific organizer “High Dimensional Quantum Dynamics”, Lille, France.
- 2013 Co-organizer, “Excited States and Complex Environments”, Muenster,Germany.
- 2008 Main co-organizer of the “XIX International Symposium on the Jahn-Teller Effect”, Heidelberg, Germany.
- 2007 Head-organizer, “Summer School, Annual Meeting, and Christmas Seminar of the Graduated Collage 850”, Heidelberg University, Germany.
|Last modified:||08 July 2019 6.55 p.m.|